Not open for further replies.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
224921_460129214055058_1748039362_n.jpg

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Looks like Rio is really have a hard time with infrastructure in time for the 2016 Olympics. This is why I don't understand why you make a country host a WC and an Olympics in the same cycle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...-2016-Olympic-Games-fall-behind-schedule.html

When comparing the progression at this time, Greece (2004) had completed 40% of their preparations, and London (2012) had completed 60% of their preparations. Brazil on the other hand has only completed 10% and they only have 2 years to go. They're really going to have to get at it and push this thing and even if they do finish on time it'll be tight.

I do have to laugh though when I read "well Plan B is to go back to London." My reaction: My Plan B would be to not have the Olympics at all. Why the hell would you do a last minute push back in London when private residences have already taken over the athletes village. Do you realize how pissed off they're going to be if that actually happens. If Brazil isn't capable of holding the Olympics they should just back off and not have it all. It's better to contain your losses then to keep adding on to them by forcing the issue to London. I wonder how much they'd have to pay the people who live in the athlete's village, you better bet if I was living there I would want some heavy compensation.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I watched all three seasons early April.

Absolutely loved it. Also watching Breaking Bad right now. On S3E10. Finally got good :laugh:

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Islanders signed an actual goalie though, so my Isle flag flies high today.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Went for a walk through Port Credit in Mississauga last night. I absolutely love that place. All the shops downtown are so neat, and the houses are absolutely amazing. I really enjoy architecture but I don’t usually completely lose it but there are some incredible houses around that area. I also love how very rich areas have complete inconsistency in the neighborhoods- like there’s no standard look of a house, all completely unique.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Port Credit still has some ghettoness to it. They've spruced it up pretty well recently. I grew up around there and it used to be a rough hood.

I still loved it though

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm surprised Halak didn't see what other offers he would get in Free Agency.

Good for the Islanders. Seems the Vanek deal has forced them to take serious steps forward so they don't give up a good player to Buffalo. We'll see what else they do.

No hockey in the Lounge

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
Port Credit still has some ghettoness to it. They've spruced it up pretty well recently. I grew up around there and it used to be a rough hood.

I still loved it though

I’ve heard that. I only live ~10 minutes away but I don’t really remember going there ever growing up. The properties there are quite pricey are they not? How does that work- ghetto and rich? I’m genuinely curious.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Lots of subsidized government housing. East of Hwy 10 get progressively ****tier. I went to HighSchool @ Cawthra Park

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Sup lounge? Selena Gomez pregnant with Bieber's baby I heard not sure if true.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure that is a lie considering she has a bikini pic on instagram like yesterday.

It was probably false, heard it and saw it on some covers of magazines today but looking online looks like it is false. She wanted a baby though I guess not him.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I can't tell you though how many girls around here aged 18-21 I knew from school are getting pregnant and married and everyone's like "Oh good for you guuurl, congrats."

..No, you done ****ed up :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad