Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Treliving better use that bullet he saved for himself and get rid of Keefe. It's obvious he's totally clueless. He plays Lajoie only 4:54, taxing his defence core to the point of exhaustion even he admits he's never seen, for making one mistake. Meanwhile, that useless pos Reaves continues to be a liability on the ice with another minus 2, and yet is thrown out there in the last minute to try to score? Keefe gave up the game.

Well, Keefy, we've given up on you pal. You're outcoached every playoff series, and the majority of games in the regular season. You're lucky to have a near generational player in Matthews, and solid support in Nylander, Tavares, and Marner or you'd be proven to be what you are....inept, incompetent, and inconceivably brain dead.
I was done with Keefe years ago, like Dubas he was always in over his head. Nothing to date has made me think that was wrong.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I was done with Keefe years ago, like Dubas he was always in over his head. Nothing to date has made me think that was wrong.
I totally agree.

I've said many times that he reminds me so much of Bruce Boudreau era Caps.

A great regular season coach but not the one to take you to the promised land come playoff time.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Dont ya wish Shanahan didn't have a brain fart and fire Lou? We had so many picks and own rentals thrown and now our defense prospect pool is Uber weak as our defense ages. Defense takes years to develop and all we have is a bunch of 6 and 7th dmen.Oh and no picks in 2025. This franchise is a mess and in denial.

Reactions: Tie Domi Esquire

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Lafferty could turn into a bad trade but I still feel like the separation between him and Gregor isn't that much.

Sandin's offense has completely dried up in Washington.
I believe I read it's primarily because Sandin was on the #1 pp last year and not this year because Carlson is healthy.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Lafferty could turn into a bad trade but I still feel like the separation between him and Gregor isn't that much.

Sandin's offense has completely dried up in Washington.

Sandin is no great loss. Trade would be better if we kept Gustafsson instead of overpaying Klingberg but Cowan looks like a good one at least.

Lafferty deal is turning into a disaster. Besides Reaves being useless the PK is trash and we could use his PK expertise.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Sandin is no great loss. Trade would be better if we kept Gustafsson instead of overpaying Klingberg but Cowan looks like a good one at least.

Lafferty deal is turning into a disaster. Besides Reaves being useless the PK is trash and we could use his PK expertise.
It was a bad move signing Kampf for over 2mil and 4 yrs while at that time you got Lafferty making 1.3mil and can do the same thing as Kampf.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I know it’s using up 2 of our LW's but I kinda think that a line of Tavares, Bertuzzi and Knies might work style wise.
Probably better to put Calle on a line with Bert and JT as all three do play the dump and chase game.

Move Knies to the first line with MM and AM as he is a big body can skate and do dig pucks like Hyman.

Let Willie play with Holmberg and Domi and see what happens. And switch Domi off with Kampf in Dzone faceoffs

Kampf can’t be on the 3rd line anymore and needs to be on the 4th line with Reaves and Gregor.
I still think Reaves can be useful as long as Keefe let him start fights and craps on the ice.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
1000013010.png

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

The Lafferty trade looks rough because we could have sent out a Gregor-Kampf-Lafferty line vs Reaves there. That is two speedy wingers who can play defence, are physically-capable of themselves and much better offensively than Reaves. Tbf there was a few posters, can’t remember exactly who, that wanted that as a line from preseason.

Reaves looks like a mistake, because of what him being on the roster did. Our coach will not use him as a 13th forward who plays 30-40 games and is a spark for the team, he’s gonna play all 82 just like we would’ve done to Simmonds. It never should’ve been Gregor vs lafferty, should’ve been Reaves vs lafferty. Reaves is not strong defensively and it forced kampf to play with our offensive-minded 3rd liners and he looks like a fish out of water.

Even if Lafferty was a misfit, I doubt he’d make that line worse than it is currently. It isn’t a disaster trade as it’s a 4th liner at the end of the day, but it is a bummer that we lost him

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Lafferty trade looks rough because we could have sent out a Gregor-Kampf-Lafferty line vs Reaves there. That is two speedy wingers who can play defence, are physically-capable of themselves and much better offensively than Reaves. Tbf there was a few posters, can’t remember exactly who, that wanted that as a line from preseason.

Reaves looks like a mistake, because of what him being on the roster did. Our coach will not use him as a 13th forward who plays 30-40 games and is a spark for the team, he’s gonna play all 82 just like we would’ve done to Simmonds. It never should’ve been Gregor vs lafferty, should’ve been Reaves vs lafferty. Reaves is not strong defensively and it forced kampf to play with our offensive-minded 3rd liners and he looks like a fish out of water.

Even if Lafferty was a misfit, I doubt he’d make that line worse than it is currently. It isn’t a disaster trade as it’s a 4th liner at the end of the day, but it is a bummer that we lost him

The theory with Reaves is he would have given this roster a completely different set of abilities and been a momentum shifting enforcer, protection than Lafferty's speed, checking and tertiary scoring contribution, but he hasn't shown commitment to that role at all after the Minnesota game.

The problem I'm seeing is Reaves is trying to build a media personality with cheap soundbites instead of reliable actions that help the team.

That's not a player we can accept carrying for 82 games, let alone 3 years. So I say put him on the Marlies and forget this ever happened.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The theory with Reaves is he would have given this roster a completely different set of abilities and been a momentum shifting enforcer, protection than Lafferty's speed, checking and tertiary scoring contribution, but he hasn't shown commitment to that role at all after the Minnesota game.

The problem I'm seeing is Reaves is trying to build a media personality with cheap soundbites instead of reliable actions that help the team.

That's not a player we can accept carrying for 82 games, let alone 3 years. So I say put him on the Marlies and forget this ever happened.
When the Leafs signed him they knew what they were getting, a tough player to add toughness to the soft team. He wasn't supposed to contribute in scoring that would've been a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad