Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose Pre-Season Opener... Darn That 2nd Liner Mitch Marner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
toronto-maple-leafs-o.gif

Yup..... Maple Leafs Hockey Is Back.

The Toronto Maple Leafs begin a new journey. Gone is Tank Nation. Gone is the Tank Commander. Gone is the hope of the 1st Overall Pick. Tonight, we begin, for the first time in quite a while, we begin a season of hope. A season of progress. A season where the future arrives. Yup. The hope for losing has ended. The Maple Leafs have finally, FINALLY gotten what we all coveted. We got our franchise center. We got Auston Matthews.

3dbe82e6caf83858918a20c2c3f27366.jpg

Beautiful.

That's where I will leave it for now, as, it is only the pre-season, and the real fun begins on October 12th. Let's take a look at tonight's rosters.

Expected Leafs ROSTER [Lines To Be Updated When Released]

Kerby Rychel - Nazem Kadri - Connor Brown
Colin Greening - Brooks Laich - Mitch Marner
Andreas Johnsson - Byron Froese - Kasperi Kapanen
Brandon Prust - Marc-Andre Cliche - Trevor Moore
Richard Clune

Jake Gardiner - Frank Corrado
Rinat Valiev - Raman Hrabarenka
Matt Hunwick - Andrew Nielsen
Andrew Campbell

Antoine Bibeau
Kasimir Kaskisuo​

Last edited:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Looking forward to see how Valiev does in these exhibition. Almost every time I've watched him he's always impressed me.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Those are the lines I'm expecting too, very uncertain about the defense.

Pumped to see Brown, Marner, Johnsson and Nielsen

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It'll be interesting to see who will be on the next ship out of here, and whether Hrabarenka and Prust are worth AHL deals. I do hope they weed through the older AHL vets first though.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
damn no willie and Timashov :(

Nylander will probably be with Matthews on Thursday.

Since he's making the team, he'll be getting heavier exhibition time near the end than the beginning of preseason.

The NHL minimum is 8 veterans per exhibition

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Looking at that Sens lineup I think we're sending the better team. I'm not sure if they have a full time every game never a healthy scratch on that roster, at least we have Bozak, and Gardiner. I think our prospects playing the game are better as well.

Of course that doesn't mean much when the game starts. Not like the result of the game matters anyway but it would be nice to win :)

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The pre-season is never about your opposition, its about you.

Both teams want to see who they have and can do what.
Boucher wants to see what he has in his bubble players

We need to see how the kids fare, and can they actually help us.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Andreas Johnsson - Byron Froese - Kasperi Kapanen could very well likely be our top line on the Marlies.

Should be a fun game. I hope Marner can continue his impressive play through the rookie tournament and scrimmages. All though I'm not sure I like him to be paired with stone hands Laich, at least he's paired with NHLers.

Last edited:

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Nice opener COR.

Just the right amount of hype for an opening exh game.

Nice little bit of poetry as well - got to thinking of Vinny Scully for a moment - I digress.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

Interesting to see Casey Bailey's name again. I always thought he could crack the NHL, but he was not in a position to succeed in Toronto. Small fish in a pond FULL of fish.

But the guy has a legit NHL quality shot, and could handle the physical game well enough. If he could skate better he would be in the NHL already, IMO. Should have a decent chance to have a career in the Sens system.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Interesting to see Casey Bailey's name again. I always thought he could crack the NHL, but he was not in a position to succeed in Toronto. Small fish in a pond FULL of fish.

But the guy has a legit NHL quality shot, and could handle the physical game well enough. If he could skate better he would be in the NHL already, IMO. Should have a decent chance to have a career in the Sens system.

Skating. Always an issue marginally skilled guys. Connor Brown said in his interview that with even all his offensive skill he's going to be relied upon to skate hard in a back-checking role. Bailey will likely never be able to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad