Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Cetainly hope Andersen is able to stop the next shot from the boards like that.

Maybe they should allow no shots on net?

He really cost them the game with 2 boneheaded plays.

Credit for all the saves, but he deserves blame for the loss.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Cetainly hope Andersen is able to stop the next shot from the boards like that.

Maybe they should allow no shots on net?

He really cost them the game with 2 boneheaded plays.

Credit for all the saves, but he deserves blame for the loss.

take away all the soft goals the tenders let in and we lose 1-0

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
You guys know more about the Leafs than me, but I thought our blueline looked too good compared to the Capitals' to be sustainable over the long haul and it will probably start showing next game. In the polls section there's a "Rank the American defenseman" thread and Carlson, Niskanen, Shattenkirk are voted 4/5/6 ahead of some names like Slavin, Faulk and Werenski... then there's Orlov and Alzner. We have Polak with the biggest defensive assignment...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
take away all the soft goals the tenders let in and we lose 1-0

both leafs goals were the result of excellent skilled pressure on the rush and in the offensiveline zone.

the 2 washington even strength goals were just desperation flips at the net.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
both leafs goals were the result of excellent skilled pressure on the rush and in the offensiveline zone.

both soft goals regardless of how desperately you try to spin it

in fact the Leaf goals were even softer since they were both very weak shots and Holtby was way out of position on both of them

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
both soft goals regardless of how desperately you try to spin it

in fact the Leaf goals were even softer since they were both very weak shots and Holtby was way out of position on both of them

Holtby made fantastic play on the first one to snuff out a great chance by jvr off a gorgeous oddman rush.

the second was a heavy shift with tons of chances with the goal coming only with a screen directly in his face.

neither were soft, both were the result of great work offensively by the leafs.

both the caps even strength goals, otoh, were just desperation flips at the net off of dead plays.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yup I agree Holtby allowed 2 soft goals. Same with Andy but of course we only focus on Andy's goals though and excuse Holtby's goals as desperation to try and make them good offensive plays.
I wonder if Reimer was in net instead of Andy, if the opinion would remain the same?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yup I agree Holtby allowed 2 soft goals. Same with Andy but of course we only focus on Andy's goals though and excuse Holtby's goals as desperation to try and make them good offensive plays.
I wonder if Reimer was in net instead of Andy, if the opinion would remain the same?

if eimer was in net we would have lost 6-2

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yes Frattin can show Hyman how to benched in the AHL playoffs. I guess just like every coach Frattin has had, we will just say the same excuse "Keefe didnt give him a chance"?

Frattin was never quite the same after his meniscus injury. Unfortunate because he had some really nice physical tools, but never really played with the intensity he should've had.

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Yes Frattin can show Hyman how to benched in the AHL playoffs. I guess just like every coach Frattin has had, we will just say the same excuse "Keefe didnt give him a chance"?

Right now Hyman is probably better, but I'd still rather have Frattin. That's because I'd rather a useless player on the 4th line (or press box) than a 4th liner on Auston's line.

Beyond that though, peak Frattin >>>>>> peak Hyman, but it's kinda pointless to compare peaks when comparing fringe nhlers.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

And the 41 other shots he stopped.... including a couple of highlight reel ones were.....???

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I know you are mocking me because the R in Reimer didn't register because I didn't hit it hard enough but it's true, Reimer isn't good enough if he was he'd still be here.

Reimer choked in every big moment he had here.

Game 5? Stopped 43/44 for a 2-1 win to stop the Leafs from being eliminated. He also stopped 29/30 to win in game 6. don't try to rewrite history for the sake of your annoying bias

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Game 5? Stopped 43/44 for a 2-1 win to stop the Leafs from being eliminated. He also stopped 29/30 to win in game 6. don't try to rewrite history for the sake of your annoying bias

I said big moment aka game 7 when he choked HARD

or the next season when he choked away not only home ice but a playoff spot with 8 straight REGULATION losses thankfully we got lucky and got Nylander but still a good goalie doesn't lose 8 straight in regulation

James Reimer did NOTHING for this team deserves NO credit for his tenure here and the only reason people don't rip him like they should is because he's a nice guy so they look past how easy it is to hurt him and the inconsistent at BEST goaltending he gave us.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I said big moment aka game 7 when he choked HARD

or the next season when he choked away not only home ice but a playoff spot with 8 straight REGULATION losses thankfully we got lucky and got Nylander but still a good goalie doesn't lose 8 straight in regulation

James Reimer did NOTHING for this team deserves NO credit for his tenure here and the only reason people don't rip him like they should is because he's a nice guy so they look past how easy it is to hurt him and the inconsistent at BEST goaltending he gave us.
5 and 6 were elimination playoff games, most regular fans would call those big moments and he put up a .972 sv% by stopping 72/74

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Love Andersen. Two that bad goals against certainly negates the rest of his performance though. You can't really just even them out with a few terrific saves. Those two goals against should go in 1 or 2 times per 100. They were nothing plays. You can't let in goals from the boards without a screen. You can't stand up when you lost track of the puck beneath you. But there's very few shot situations where the goaltender isn't expected to save at least the majority.

5 and 6 were elimination playoff games, most regular fans would call those big moments and he put up a .972 sv% by stopping 72/74

Yup. Reimer get too much crap for that series. He was our best player, and only one of a dozen bad performers in Game 7.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Nobody's saying it so I'll say it. Wilson's OT goal wasn't a bad goal in the sense that Andersen did something he doesn't normally do. That shot beats any goalie who plays Andersen's style. It was just a super lucky shot by a scrub who wildly whipped a puck on its edge that picked the top short side corner.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Love Andersen. Two that bad goals against certainly negates the rest of his performance though. You can't really just even them out with a few terrific saves. Those two goals against should go in 1 or 2 times per 100. They were nothing plays. You can't let in goals from the boards without a screen. You can't stand up when you lost track of the puck beneath you. But there's very few shot situations where the goaltender isn't expected to save at least the majority.

Yup. Reimer get too much crap for that series. He was our best player, and only one of a dozen bad performers in Game 7.

Interesting you point out what Andersen did wrong on that 2nd goal but don't mention how Willie blew his coverage and that was the reason Williams scored. Love how Swedes stick together ;)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

JVR our best player

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

on this board 80% of goals scored on the Leafs are soft as opposed to 2% of the one's we score

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
on this board 80% of goals scored on the Leafs are soft as opposed to 2% of the one's we score

Its almost like some posters already have an opinion and aren't open minded ... its like confirmation bias or sumthin' ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad