Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in Game 7. Again.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The end result was the exact same.

The fact some of you are buying the "Tampa gave us respect during the handshake line" is honestly disturbing.

Imagine giving praise after their 6th consecutive first round loss. "Hey at least they battled hard this year" lmao
Of course the end result was the same, duh. Did anyone say it wasn't? I sure didn't so not sure why you're quoting me.

I don't give a shit about the handshake line. IMHO it was a dumb thing for Keefe to say so again, not sure why you're quoting me.

They lost, it sucks. There were some positives though, not that it's much consolation but the fact that they sucked for years and showed no fight at all in game 7 has bugged the hell out of me but this time was completely different in that regard so that's something at least. But if even the slightest positive thought bothers you so much that's fine too, you do you.

9 out of 10 posts on this page are yours. Go out and get some air or take a pill or something, geez.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Of course the end result was the same, duh. Did anyone say it wasn't? I sure didn't so not sure why you're quoting me.

I don't give a shit about the handshake line. IMHO it was a dumb thing for Keefe to say so again, not sure why you're quoting me.

They lost, it sucks. There were some positives though, not that it's much consolation but the fact that they sucked for years and showed no fight at all in game 7 has bugged the hell out of me but this time was completely different in that regard so that's something at least. But if even the slightest positive thought bothers you so much that's fine too, you do you.

9 out of 10 posts on this page are yours. Go out and get some air or take a pill or something, geez.

In 2017 we fought the league's best team to a close 6 game series. Every single game but one went to OT. One went to double OT. The other game was decided by a single goal.

The following year we took a strong Boston to 7 games.

These were the two years following our last place finish.

The fact this year's team made it closer than the previous 3 years of failure is not a reason for praise. We are back to where we were in 2018.

If we lose next year's game 7 in OT, will that also be progess for you? Then the following year double OT?

I thought it would've taken at minimum one measly PO series win for fans to give this team credit. Turns out, even after a 6th consecutive loss, 4th under dubas, we should still praise them.

Last I checked I'm allowed to post as much as I want and you aren't a mod.

Maybe in the future, try using some logic and reasoning instead of just looking foolish.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
There were no MVP chants in Game 7, as far as I can recall. Leafs fans will get restless in a year or so anyway if there is no progress. No progress simply means Matthews walks as a UFA.

This team is not going to take the next step with the current management philosophy.

Giving him a no Trade for his last year in addition to absolutely everything that he wanted was so next level dumb it's hard to comprehend

It will be what f***s our franchise for the next 10-15 because he's either going to get $16 mil a year or walk and we won't be able to off load

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Something that should also be taken into consideration. IIRC, the Leafs had 24 picks outside of the 1st round in those three drafts, including 12 inside the top 101. A lot of those picks didn't even come close to making an NHL impact, and the ones who did were high IQ players who had skill.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
In 2017 we fought the league's best team to a close 6 game series. Every single game but one went to OT. One went to double OT. The other game was decided by a single goal.

The fact this year's team made it closer than the previous 3 years of failure is not a reason for praise. We are back to where we were in 2018.

If we lose next year's game 7 in OT, will that also be progess for you? Then the following year double OT?

I thought it would've taken at minimum one measly PO series win for fans to give this team credit. Turns out, even after a 6th consecutive loss, 4th under dubas, we should still praise them.

Maybe in the future, try using some logic and reasoning instead of just looking foolish.
Speaking of logic and reasoning, why is a poster named Stamkos4life upset that Tampa beat the Leafs? I admire Crosby and I think he's still the best player in the league, but I'm not using him as part of my user name.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Something that should also be taken into consideration. IIRC, the Leafs had 24 picks outside of the 1st round in those three drafts, including 12 inside the top 101. A lot of those picks didn't even come close to making an NHL impact, and the ones who did were high IQ players who had skill.

Interesting, doesn't seem to have hurt Colorado, Florida and NYR.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yup we played WSH tough.

We took Boston to 7 games but holy moley, what a spectacular collapse that was at the end.

Next year against Boston, another collapse when we didn't even show up for game 7.

Next two years, same thing. Series comes down to one deciding game and we play pretty much our worst hockey of the playoffs on our way to the golf course.

That's 4 disgraceful exits in a row. I'm not happy we lost again but at least I don't feel we need to be ashamed about how we played and that's a nice change at least. We fought hard and lost, no shame in that. You seem to think otherwise and that's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions and I'm not the least bit angry with you for having an opinion that's different than mine.

I'm not interested in these hypothetical questions about next year. If you want to think about losing already, you go ahead. I think we have a quality team and hopefully we'll finally break through next year.

I haven't "praised" anyone so again, not sure why you're quoting me. Of course you can post all you want, again not sure why you're quoting me as I never said otherwise. You keep quoting me and you seem really angry about things I've never said - if anyone's looking foolish here it's you. Maybe once the anger subsides a bit, you'll be able to think more clearly.

It's a nice day outside, have a nice day. :)

Speaking of logic and reasoning, why is a poster named Stamkos4life upset that Tampa beat the Leafs? I admire Crosby and I think he's still the best player in the league, but I'm not using him as part of my user name.
Haha, good question.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

I've already told you, I'm a Leafs fan who used to love stamkos.

Also, I have mentioned that I'm not even upset we lost to Tampa, I've begun to expect it with these dubas led teams. I was upset in 2018 and 2019. Since then losing in the first round has become normal to me. All this loss does is further validate my position that dubas is trash and needs to go.

Are you saying leaf posters must have something leaf related for their username or else they aren't a leaf fan? Just want to make sure I'm understanding your "logic" properly.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Yup we played WSH tough.

We took Boston to 7 games but holy moley, what a spectacular collapse that was at the end.

Next year against Boston, another collapse when we didn't even show up for game 7.

Next two years, same thing. Series comes down to one deciding game and we play pretty much our worst hockey of the playoffs on our way to the golf course.

That's 4 disgraceful exits in a row. I'm not happy we lost again but at least I don't feel we need to be ashamed about how we played and that's a nice change at least. We fought hard and lost, no shame in that. You seem to think otherwise and that's fine. We're all entitled to our opinions and I'm not the least bit angry with you for having an opinion that's different than mine.

I'm not interested in these hypothetical questions about next year. If you want to think about losing already, you go ahead. I think we have a quality team and hopefully we'll finally break through next year.

I haven't "praised" anyone so again, not sure why you're quoting me. Of course you can post all you want, again not sure why you're quoting me as I never said otherwise. You keep quoting me and you seem really angry about things I've never said - if anyone's looking foolish here it's you. Maybe once the anger subsides a bit, you'll be able to think more clearly.

It's a nice day outside, have a nice day. :)

Haha, good question.

All of your posts are right there for everyone to see so I don't know why you are trying to lie.

Maybe once your copium subsides you'll be capable of an objective discussion involving th leafs but as is, you are clearly unable.

Just keep simping for dubas in the mean time.

I wonder if all the dubas fan boys will leave the Leafs when dubas is eventually fired. Or will they apologize for mocking anyone who dared to doubt their lord and savior. It will be an interesting time. Hopefully, it only takes one more wasted season to cut him lose.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
All of your posts are right there for everyone to see so I don't know why you are trying to lie.

Maybe once your copium subsides you'll be capable of an objective discussion involving th leafs but as is, you are clearly unable.

Just keep simping for dubas in the mean time.

I wonder if all the dubas fan boys will leave the Leafs when dubas is eventually fired. Or will they apologize for mocking anyone who dared to doubt their lord and savior. It will be an interesting time. Hopefully, it only takes one more wasted season to cut him lose.
And everyone with even mediocre comprehension skills is trying to figure out WTF you're on about because I haven't lied about anything. If you ever really did catch me in a lie, I have no doubt that you'd quote me and show my lies. But I haven't lied so have nothing to show so you're just ranting.

And BTW, your ranting is pretty far removed from objective discussion. Good luck.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I've already told you, I'm a Leafs fan who used to love stamkos.

Also, I have mentioned that I'm not even upset we lost to Tampa, I've begun to expect it with these dubas led teams. I was upset in 2018 and 2019. Since then losing in the first round has become normal to me. All this loss does is further validate my position that dubas is trash and needs to go.

Are you saying leaf posters must have something leaf related for their username or else they aren't a leaf fan? Just want to make sure I'm understanding your "logic" properly.
Leaf poster? I have no recollection of you as a regular poster prior to this disgruntled fan performance you've been doing the last few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad