Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 9-3 to a Team That Lost 9-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Rielly can be a #1 if you have say Hague-Whitecloud and Martinez-McNabb behind him, and his partner is Schenn. Or you have a Rielly and a very comparable player as co-#1's, each on their own pairing. Anything less than that and you're likely not gunna be winning a cup. No Muzzin equivalent will change that, unless you're solid in net and have buy in from the forwards (which obviously the Leafs have neither).

Let's say the D magically becomes Rielly, prime Muzzin equivalent, Brodie, McCabe, Liljegren, and whoever you wanna call the #6. That's a low end #1, a mid range #2-4, a great #5, a below average #6, all totaling a painfully average defence group.
Who are we saying is what exactly?

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I think Benoit and Lagesson could be a solid bottom pairing even in the playoffs. They play a simple and effective game, Timmins and Brodie, not so much...........
Yeah a lower event game lower risk so far anyway hopefully our gm has a tricc up his sleeve

Last edited:
Reactions: rumman

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Who else do you think is capable of handling top 4 minutes and likely being on the ice against other teams top lines for a chunk of the game?
I’m betting on lily and mccabe unfortunately but if I had to pic one Its lily he’s the present and future of the blue line I’m challenging him

Reactions: TMLife17

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Some people won't listen, but Timmins is a disaster defensively. I mean Lebda-Holl-Berg mashed together don't equal how shit he is on defence. You can pull out stats that show he's had an ok game here and there but every game there is at least a few glaring giveaways and ill-advised forays into the offensive zone. I don't think that minus 4 includes the time he was on and we were scored on on the PK.

I noticed the same thing when it happened. Not one of his better moments.
You are dead on right .. omg Timmer why did he even dress? .. that level of D he played last night would not even work in minor midget hockey .. he has some offensive game for sure but defensively he is a sieve .. i can't see how we teach him D on 3rd pair on a team going for a cup .. i think it best we unload him as part of a deal to get a solid defensive D

Reactions: rumman

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I understand Samsonov had a shitty game
But man the Leafs never stand up for their mates. Leafs should have shown a bit grit, a bit more fight for Sammy knowing what he's going through

Leafs just folded like cheap chair 3rd. Never seen a team who just gives up so easily, just plays for next game

You think Pat Burns or Quinn days, Leafs would have just given up? Leafs would have been terrified to have games like these all the time. Burns would have run them out of town

Just a pathetic showing
Burns may have ran them around but the Leafs had many games like this when he was around. Same with Quinn.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It was just 1 of 82 regular season game. The whole team sucked. They should rebound on Sat and play to destroy as they are piss.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
1703286780336.png

Gordie Howe…… Jeez Louize……

Reactions: ACC1224 and rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad