Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose. 6-4

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
They got the second easiest matchup in the East when they got Toronto.
Honestly, beside the Caps, I won’t call any teams advancing to the 2nd round as upset Or Cinderella bc all series except for the Rangers and Caps, are just very close.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
IMO, other sports shouldn't necessarily be referenced when we're talking about Stanley Cup Playoffs culture and what leads up to it. NBA load management, baseball innings limits, those things shouldn't be carelessly applied to a sport with a different emotional temperature, where fatigue isn't really the factor it is, when guys aren't even hurt, etc. A plane doesn't slow down on the runway before going into flight.

Also, as a fan, I don't enjoy wasting hours of scheduled no-try mediocrity, and even worse when attending a game live.

It also happens in hockey.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It’s disappointing but still an incredible season for him.

I’m sure we’d rather pile up goals against the Bs instead of scoring a meaningless goal in a nothing game anyway.
No such thing as a nothing game……at least the opposition thought it was a something game

Reactions: Al14

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I’m not debating the existence of load management in hockey, I’m saying it runs counter to the emotional patterns of playoff hockey, which is usually bigger factor than having rest and relaxation. Game 7 winners have the edge on teams that sweep the previous round, etc.

Mailing it in for a few games doesn’t set you up for a successful 2 month grind.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Since post Game 5 against the Cats. We all been saying let’s see what the boys can do in the playoffs. Regardless of how they played in the season, we all know that success will be based on Wins in playoffs.
They just need to win 16 more games and nobody will care about AM didn’t get 70 or Willie signed a huge contract or Sammy is mentally weak, or JT is too slow, TJ just sucks…..
Can’t wait for Sat
fa53ef88-b8fe-4e81-ad08-98a8a6ed8170_text.gif

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
They are talking about how the Leafs haven’t beat the Bruins in the post season since 1959……. Ya that’s 1959
When I was a kid in the 60’s the Canadians won 5 cups and the Leafs won 4 and the Bruins and Rangers never made the playoffs. Then Bobby Orr was stolen out from under the Leafs nose and the Bruins became a much better team. They met in the first round of the 1969 playoffs and beat the Leafs 10-0 and 7-0 on home ice and swept the Leafs in four straight. Since then, they have beat the Leafs every time they have met in the playoffs. As stated by Racer88, this isn’t just a 10 year playoff domination the Bruins have over the Leafs, it’s a 55 year domination. I have hated the Bruins all that time but I must admit they’re an organization that expects and demands consistent effort and performance from their management, coaching staff and players and that’s something the Leafs could learn from.

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
I have 0 confidence in any of our goalie going into the playoffs.

Matt Murray might need to play hero.
Dude be serious this is nhl. Matt Murray has missed a full year. Before that for a couple years he was rotten , on Ottawa was sent to minors. Murray is not and will not be the savior. Don’t even pretend. This guy ain’t getting throw in at this point and excelling . He has been trash for literally the last 3-4 year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad