Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose. 6-4

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The only thing this team is good at is creating unimaginable disappointment year after year.
Other than goaltending, I wouldn't read too much into the last few games. The lines and defense pairings have been disjointed, and the players have clearly been trying to get Matthews his 70th goal as opposed to just playing naturally on offense.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Well it's only....
faf7e58a-4d94-49a5-99c9-22278a898326_text.gif

I think he would've gotten it in one of the last 2 games if they had just played the game like a normal game. 69 goals from playing normal. Too much forcing. I understand that everybody wanted it to happen but it wasn't broken, don't try to fix it.

Reactions: Ports and Mr_Fun

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Matthews hit 40 and 60 and we went out first round.

Hopefully this pisses him off.

I think they lose but let’s watch and see

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It was a meaningless game, and the Leafs made sure they took that to heart.

If Domi was still playing, Matthews would have got it imo. I hate Marner with Matthews.

I have no faith in this team.

Go Leafs Go

Matthews was going to war with both Domi and Bert as these 2 don't play soft and stupid hockey; AND they don't mope and whine

if keefe puts matthews-marner together in the playoffs I am going to lose my shit. I am done with marner on matthews' wing. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
We can finally stop with the story lines and cut shots to 34 and focus on the playoffs.

These last couple games have been brutal because they are just trying to get through them without getting injured.

Reactions: blue stick

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
f*ing insane how I called it EXACTLY... 100 assists, 69 goals to finish the season... GTD thread, page 3/Post #62..

We just knew this is how it was going to end because this is what happens in this city

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Honestly I’m not sure what we were trying to do tonight; win the game or get Matthews 70 because by the end of it we did neither any way.

Pretty sad watching this team not even trying to win at the end there. I’m glad that sideshow is finally over and we can get back to playing hockey.

That said, I can’t see this team winning more than two games this year but I hope I’m wrong

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I like it that the team didn’t give up and kept trying to feed AM till the end.

For real, it was a meaningless game and I like it that the team esp the bottom 6 kept pushing and rewarded with goals and drawing penalties

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I hope Kucherov won't win Hart this year. But the voters are going to vote for him just to troll the Leafs fan base.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I never want to watch Nylander play on this team again.

3/4 of his shifts I feel like throwing something at the tv because of how stupid he plays.

The coaching staff is done for the instant the season is over, regardless of outcome.

f*** this.

They're all a bunch of brain-dead morons.

THe difference is that the tampa stars came prepared to play; get Kuch his 100th assist, and they made on PPs; while their PK was good too (special teams didn't break or bend for tampa)

Leafs on the other hand...... I still can't believe we shat again on PP.

#Frustrated!

Reactions: rumman

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Only 8 people have scored 70 or more. Only 9 people have scored 69 or more. Now 10 with Matthews. Nothing to sneeze at. 69 is a cooler number anyway.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I knew when they announced domi out for the last 2 games it was a bad omen. Marner is the biggest forcer of passes and we all saw that the last 2 games. Just blind pass after blind pass killing their ozone cycle.

It won’t be any different on Saturday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad