Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-3; team defense lets down AGAIN

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Rielly SUCKS - cannot make a simple pass or put puck on the net (yea I know he scored a goal; am talking about missing the net wide most of the time)

Gardiner SUCKS - he is playing Carlyle era hockey

Borgman SUCKS - takes stupid shots; cannot defend well

JVR SUCKS - I think was benched in the 3rd period; doesn't hustle at all

Polak SUPER SUCKS - this guy is not an NHL d-man; he should be providing his "pro" wisdom down in the minors.

Kadri needs to up his game big time.

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Frustrating game but I'm not that mad. Leafs played a pretty competitive game, unfortunately they had some blunders early on and every single mistake pretty much ended up in their net. With McBackup in net and this being a B2B game, I wasn't expecting anything but a loss. If they continue to play this way though and cut out the mistakes they will win many games going forward.

Reactions: jrgtml67

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
eh back to back vs la with mac in the net, it was a predictable loss. Would have liked to have seen andy today and mac on sat, I think we win here tonight with andy in the cage, he is just used to the stupid shit that the team does

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I think you need to delete your account. Rielly was fine, Borgman was great minus his penalty, and Gardiner I think was ok minus his whoops slip. Either way, we lost this game because of 3 first period blips, we took it to LA for about 45minutes out of 60minutes. If you are saying we need to make a trade to shore up the defense, I agree with that. The current guys are not doing it and it has been 2.5 weeks. I said before this road trip, if we lost, or if the defense still played this way a trade will be made between the end of the trip and the following weekend

Reactions: NCoRe

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
once again the team was not prepared.....started playing great when was too late....becoming the norm for this team.

NastyKnies

Feb 20, 2010
Canada
If Babcock can get his head outta his own ass we'll be alright going forward. No guarantee that happens.
you're seriously blaming the f***ing coach? god the amount of Babcock hate is getting f***ing ridiculous [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NCoRe

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Uh he scored tonight. Don’t think he was much of an issue compared to many others.

how many of his passes were intercepted; or were not on tape; did you see his play on PP? he scored a goal sure but that was all the hard work from other guys - he was just a beneficiary.

Rielly is a very good top4D; he is not a 1D for sure! Unfortunately; he is the only one we got in the system

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
first of all Marner is an assist wizard more than a goal scorer...I can tell you JVR and Bozak when they were a line and on the PP missed 3 wide open nets each, Bozaks last one was last night. Anyway I think we really outplayed them tonight, you have to take the positive out of this game. The Kings are tops in the league, and to play that well against them was good. I actually think we played them better this time than when we won. Just that first period especially Kadri's 3x the screw up clear, I think that was the back breaker. Or take your pick between Kadri blunder and the back to back PPs for LA.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I just wish this team was consistent. I don’t know how much more disappointment, to hopefulness, to disappointment, to hopefulness I can take. Makes for exciting hockey though lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad