Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How is this a troll?

They've shown so little sample size of being able to actually perform at this time of year.
They've shown an inability to actually win on home ice in the playoffs (5 straight losses, 1-7 in their last 8).
They've got more holes in their game currently than a block of cheese.

Pulling for them, but I'm simply stating that I don't know where you guys get your optimism from other than "hopes and dreams". Nothing they've (ever) done suggests they are capable of winning 3 of the next 4. Against a team that owns them.
Not you. The poster who you said "finds optimism in this group". He's more optimistic which is great because given the history it is hard to be optimistic. The series is going according to the usual script. We now have to see if they can change the usual ending.

Reactions: Tak7

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
There is no way this team wins a second round from what I saw last game.Oh and Marchand isnt elite. He is flagrant and its ignored because he is US based.Refs were a factor in GM 3 but so was weak Goaltending.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So just ride these guys out til they retire even if we get bounced early again have no playoff success in the forseeable future? Thats one way to go I guess.
As I said, no choice unless you are willing to just let them go for nothing

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Once the team asks a player to waive the NM then the relationship is broken and it would be in the players best interest to be traded. With Marner I’d expect a crap show and they won’t get proper value for him other than cap space
If that were true why would anybody bother with one? Makes little sense, team says we are trading you screw the NMC. lol!

Sure we can always just let him walk.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I finally understand why both our PP and PK sucks at the same time.
Bc they train against each other.
Thus both special teams think think they are good, lol.

I'm sure taking shots on Sammy during practice felt pretty good for the #1 PP unit...so why change a thing for real games? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'm sure taking shots on Sammy during practice felt pretty good for the #1 PP unit...so why change a thing for real games? :sarcasm:
Yep and that’s why at post game or series conf., they always say, we are not doing anything wrong, just could not get the bounces…..

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If that were true why would anybody bother with one? Makes little sense, team says we are trading you screw the NMC. lol!

Sure we can always just let him walk.

Regardless of NMC if Marner wants 8 years instead of 7, the Leafs control his fate.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe but It’s Marner’s last year,, he won’t be going anywhere we all can bet on that. Small chance he walks for nothing at the end of next season. Tre’s hands are tied.
It’s not ideal for the Leafs. They’ve backed themselves into a corner and it’s likely they don’t trade him, but if he’s continues to be ineffective in the remaining playoff games then they have to considered asking him.

Regardless of NMC if Marner wants 8 years instead of 7, the Leafs control his fate.
He’ll want 5 from the Leafs at an 8 yr AAV

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He won’t give a crap about the 8th year. Did he last time? Did Mathews ever care about 8 years.

Last time he was an RFA. In 7 years he’ll be 36. Do you think he’s going to get the same AAV at 35? It’s probably turning down an extra 10M+.

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Last time he was an RFA. In 8 years he’ll be 36. Do you think he’s going to get the same AAV at 35? It’s probably turning down an extra 10M+.
Maybe he does similar to Mathews and only wants 4 on his next deal then looks for 8 ending when he will be what 38?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Maybe he does similar to Mathews and only wants 4 on his next deal then looks for 8 ending when he will be what 38?

If he does that, I hope it’s not with Toronto.

You don’t do that for players like Marner.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Might be more likely he'd want four years so he can use the next Matthews deal again.

Not everyone is Matthews...4 years is a huge risk for Marner...so he gets what for 4 years? 12 x 4? What does he get then when he turns 30? 7 x 4? That amounts to 48 + 28 = $76 million. Even the 4 year deal for Matthews could very well work out better for the Leafs.

Marner could get at least 10.5 x 8 = $84 million on his next contract. With the way he's been performing in the playoffs, I don't want to sign him to an 8 year deal if I'm the Leafs.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Talk about a mental breakdown.... :DD I'm still not sure what got you so confused and triggered.

1) Yes calling him 4th line C was a hyperbole. The rest of HFboard got it, you did not.

2) He played 3rd line C for the 5 of the last 6 years. Again what is triggering you?

3)Is there a single fan (besides you), that thinks it was a good contract for Bruins Coyle signed ? 6 years contract $5.25M

View attachment 859885

I guess 16 points in 51 games is elite now.. $5.25M

4) Again, technically he is, if you ever pulled your head out of your ass and checked. It's one of those fun fact situations. They have Coyle, Zacha -winger and noobies...

5) Please don't lie about him being C, he played C in juniors and now this season for Boston. Going back all to way to juniors :D, sure but he played 0 games in NHL as C. He played LW in NJ and in Boston. So 100% correct on my part, Zacha as a winger stole 1C job from the only C on the team. Despite what you feel about it...

6) Cool, there was no need for you to get triggered in the first place. 0 facts in your posts, feelings only.

Get better !
I find this whole useless argument about a Boston player on a LEAFS' board hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad