Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Swayman leads the NHL playoffs in GAA and SV% and it would be shocking if he wasn't in net for game #4.

View attachment 859388
Evilhomer thinks otherwise, I knos if my goalie gets the win he’s starting yhe next game, I don’t know what the Bruin’s coach was thinking, a stunt like that can get you fired in beantown…….

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I can't say that I do, but what does that have to do with Keefe not arguing?
The whole place erupted and the officials were clearly aware of the issue. You can't take back the goal, so as a coach (or player) you position your team as best as you can moving forward.

Berating the official with half a game left just puts you in a worse spot.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No need to be so dramatic. You know you can watch the Leafs without it affecting your day to day life, yes?

Regardless, you'll be back.
I’ll be back
When team is different though
Doesn’t affect daily life but you spend so much of your life watching this u start to question if it’s even worth it thats all
Watching so much that is

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Sammy vs Swayman is a big mismatch. If they lose this series it'll be the #1 reason why. I don't think Sammy's been horrible but he's had a few gaffes already where he's either given up a bad goal or contributed to one against. It's really hard to win when you're basically down 0-1 before the puck even drops.

Reactions: HellasLEAF

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Joe Bowen ripping on our pathetic home crowd again.

Crowd / fanbase and team 100% absolutely deserve each other.
As has been stated by another poster, the "real" Leaf fans were standing outside in the cold watching the big screen in the cordoned off common area. Kind of like serfs and proletariat dogs hunkering over a trash fire in the town square while the masters of the fiefdom luxuriate inside the castle. Yep...

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Sammy vs Swayman is a big mismatch. If they lose this series it'll be the #1 reason why. I don't think Sammy's been horrible but he's had a few gaffes already where he's either given up a bad goal or contributed to one against. It's really hard to win when you're basically down 0-1 before the puck even drops.

Nah. Special teams. PP is at 9.1%.

5 chances last night, no goals. Score on even one, and it’s a different game.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
l
The goalie should not have had to make the save. The play should have been blown dead.

And yes, Samsonov is just NOT the goalie our Leafs can count on. The Caps knew it and let him sign elsewhere !!!
When you need a save your goalie needs to make it. Regardless of play being blown dead or not sammy showed us why he’s not a goalie we can rely on.

Reactions: ACC1224

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
As has been stated by another poster, the "real" Leaf fans were standing outside in the cold watching the big screen in the cordoned off common area. Kind of like serfs and proletariat dogs hunkering over a trash fire in the town square while the masters of the fiefdom luxuriate inside the castle. Yep...
If I were in a position to (and my back would survive), the crowd outdoors looks way more fun.

Reactions: theTTC and Metroid

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Nah. Special teams. PP is at 9.1%.

5 chances last night, no goals. Score on even one, and it’s a different game.
There are no goals because their goaltending is superior. They are more successful on the pp because our goaltending is inferior. I agree with TMLegend.

The Leafs have to claw tooth and nail to get their goals. It's coming easier for the Bruins.

It's not the entire reason but with two teams at this level fairly evenly matched it does come down to fine lines. One goal here or there.

Reactions: TMLegend

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Whenever the league is questioned about what people mean when they say that this is the worst officiated major sport, all you need to do is hand them a tape of this game. You guys got bent over and I'm a neutral.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
If I were in a position to (and my back would survive), the crowd outdoors looks way more fun.
Back before it was "organized and closed off" I went down to watch on the streets in front of the big screen. Bag full of beers, box of pizza in my hand, sharing and trading with people next to me, not only was it more fun than being in the arena it was way cheaper.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
what Leafs board are you reading that loves Marner

I meant if Bruins targeted a skilled player of Pasta's size, ie Marner, we would call them goons the next few seasons condemning such behaviour and bitching about post-season hockey... I could use Matthews as an example but Pasta and Marner are very close in height, Matty being bigger, hence the impact of Revo hitting Matty is not the same as hitting Marner/Pasta

They have one 11M offensive star in Pasta, we are sending out 4th liners out there with the intent of hurting him. Yet somehow it's still dirty Bruins vs Leafs Saints :DD

That rat Marchand !!!

• Wow
Reactions: therealkoho

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
There are no goals because their goaltending is superior. They are more successful on the pp because our goaltending is inferior. I agree with TMLegend.

The Leafs have to claw tooth and nail to get their goals. It's coming easier for the Bruins.

It's not the entire reason but with two teams at this level fairly evenly matched it does come down to fine lines. One goal here or there.
Yes, we've faced superior goaltending for how many years now? Our big guns go silent for how many years now? Nah... you are in control of your own destiny, this PP in particular has been misfiring for some time now. It was 9.1% in March... It was misfiring with other teams, and other goalies... were all of the other goalies we've played in March, in April vastly superior, or is it just us? it's been just as bad in the playoffs. It was 50% in Feb.... Enough of the excuses, we aren't executing.

Last edited:

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Whenever the league is questioned about what people mean when they say that this is the worst officiated major sport, all you need to do is hand them a tape of this game. You guys got bent over and I'm a neutral.
I thought Keefe had a very clever way of taking a shot at the refs. His comment was along the lines of

"Marchand is an expert at what he does. Nobody else could take down bertuzzi like that without a call. It's very impressive what results he achieves"

Neat little veiled compliment expressing public disbelief at the noncall

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I meant if Bruins targeted a skilled player of Pasta's size, ie Marner, we would call them goons the next few seasons condemning such behaviour and bitching about post-season hockey... I could use Matthews as an example but Pasta and Marner are very close in height, Matty being bigger, hence the impact of Revo hitting Matty is not the same as hitting Marner/Pasta

They have one 11M offensive star in Pasta, we are sending out 4th liners out there with the intent of hurting him. Yet somehow it's still dirty Bruins vs Leafs Saints :DD

That rat Marchand !!!
I think you're having an argument with yourself

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Yes, we've faced superior goaltending for how many years now? Our big guns go silent for how many years now? Nah... you are in control of your own destiny, this PP in particular has been misfiring for some time now. It was 9.1% in March... it's been just as bad in the playoffs. It was 50% in Feb.... Enough of the excuses, we aren't executing.
Fair enough, but why focus on the pp then? They don't have to score on the pp to win the hockey game, it would make things easier is all.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I think you're having an argument with yourself *

You somehow interpreted what I said as me expecting heartwarming messages in the Marner thread for whatever reason. I was trying to clarify that you can switch Marner with Nylander if it confuses you.

* Could be, I thought you were reacting to my message, you were just making random Marner comments.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Fair enough, but why focus on the pp then? They don't have to score on the pp to win the hockey game, it would make things easier is all.
Well, the PP is at 9.1%... the PK at 50%. Both are very poor, and typically a coaching issue. Typically you need to win the Special Teams game in the playoffs, and we are getting destroyed at both ends.

The Special teams... both of them, are essentially why we've lost both games. I thought we were the better team 5v5 last night. When you have Five power plays, you need to execute on at least one. Particularly when you have "elite" offensive players, as we do. These guys have some of the highest pays in the league, for producing offense at an elite level. Our PP needs to be elite, because that is how the team has been structured. It's not.... and our PK has been pathetic.

Sure, we could have hoped for more goals 5v5, but to win in a sustainable fashion, you have to take advantage of your special team chances, as well as shutting down the other teams. When you are at above 100% in the PP + PK, you are going to win most of the time. Rarely does that work when you are below 100%, and certainly not when you are below 60%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad