Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Just curious, why do you think 99% of the media are coming to Marner's defense? Damien Cox is defending Mitch who is returning from ankle injury and thus should not receive criticism. Leave him alone the media said all day today. Kyper and his gang very upset today at criticism of their pal Mitch. Don't criticize Mitch after 2 games. Wait to the end of the playoffs to even think about criticizing Mitch Marner.

And they say the Toronto Media is too hard on players??

he's a hometown boy, so some of it may be driven by nativism. he's also got a juvenile appearance and personality, and that can give rise to a feeling that you need to protect the neotenous subject.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
image.jpg
One of Auston's best outfits.

Right up there with the Ron Burgundy.

• Haha
Reactions: saffronleaf

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Of course out of 20k in attendance you’ll find a few like that. Would they cheer or just sit there like ‘corpses’?
My guess is they would cheer.

Tor has always had a rep for being quiet compared to other cities. Even in the playoffs, and this is not the first time someone has pointed it out.

I know I have been to games in Florida, Det, Buf, Car and Mon and every building has been much louder than Scotia Bamk

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
Ya but definately Mathews not getting the room he would get in reg
honestly I havent been upset with any of the leafs save for Marner and at times reilly and sammy this series.

Everyone else is bringing it and engaged. If Marner stops being a puss this is 3-0 leafs going into game 4.

Its going to be leafs in 6 or 7 if they can stop getting killed in special teams.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Marner did a couple of good things but overall that’s the type of game he can’t be effective in.

At the mid point of the series he has a C grade.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That doesn’t make much sense. I’m sure they would rather do better things with their time than go somewhere they don’t want to be just because it’s free.
Probably corporate clients from out of town, and they asked what is going on in town... and this was it. So they took them. Just throwing it out there.

Why in the hell else would these clowns be sitting and looking around like a bunch of confused dopes while the rest of the crowd is going bezerk? It's all I could think of that made sense.

Reactions: ACC1224

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
honestly I havent been upset with any of the leafs save for Marner and at times reilly and sammy this series.

Everyone else is bringing it and engaged. If Marner stops being a puss this is 3-0 leafs going into game 4.

Its going to be leafs in 6 or 7 if they can stop getting killed in special teams.
Possibly but I think Leafs really.needed this game -

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Kind of funny how Marchant should have been called for a penalty in the second and wasn't and it leads to a goal. And then on that empty net that is as clear a penalty as you can get when he hauled down Bertuzzi from behind and no one even blinked lol
Exactly, in the 'old days' with only 1 Ref on the ice, I can see it being missed, however 2 Refs letting that go is a travesty. Same with the tackle of Matthews by McAvoy.

The NHL is rigged in favor of American teams. Canadian teams have enough fans, so it's important for to build the fan bases south of the border, especially in non-hockey markets !!!

JamieG19

Dec 8, 2017
he's a hometown boy, so some of it may be driven by nativism. he's also got a juvenile appearance and personality, and that can give rise to a feeling that you need to protect the neotenous subject.
Hmmm. Interesting. I didn't really think of that. I usually go with that they're golfing buddies, but you could be right.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Possibly but I think Leafs really.needed this game -
Agreed. It would have put them in a better position to continue to stick with it. Now they are chasing once again. And have to win on the road again. Just makes things so much harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00