Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
So are you expecting the cheap players to prop up high AAV players? Or the high AAV players to prop up cheap players i.e. make them more productive, especially in the playoffs.

And what evidence have you seen that makes you think one or the other would happen

I expect people to stop complaining about the cap because we have enough next year... if you just judge players by cap hit and nothing else, I don't know what you tell you, Domi is exceeding his this year, go try to find more of those.

There is cheap depth and cap to work with, that is all I am saying.

Reactions: aingefan and bax

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
We were 1 goal shy of being highest scoring team in the regular season, but can't break through in the playoffs. A lot of that has to be on the coaching.

Probably. But we’re more of a finesse team and those types skill goals don’t happen as much during the playoffs. Usually tips, screened shots, rebounds in tight kind of goals. They just don’t have the time and space to play their finesse game. Especially Marner

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Oh yes, that is really translating on the scoreboard eh?

It's been 3 games. Not so crazy for it not to translate yet. I still think we even the series up in game 4 and if Nylander is back and actually good to go then that should help a ton.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
The Matthews line had a full shift before they scored. Keefe was playing a hunch they'd be fired up for another goal. Galaxy brain at it again
Liljigren gave the puck away behind the net (again) with even the smallest whiff of pressure and that led to the goal.

He's been the direct result of far too many gaffes and has had no redeeming plays these playoffs.

There is no way I would want him back in Toronto.

I'd bench him going forward and just let him walk or trade him.

f*** that shit.

The rest of the team is throwing the body around like it's Wrestlemania, and this jackass is scared of his own shadow.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It ain’t that tuff to draft one. Boston picked swayman 1 pick after we picked goalie Scot

Scott might have been this level... he was probably our most promising goalie by a fair bit... his numbers were pretty crazy.

Reactions: 7even

dynasty67

Nov 9, 2019
Clear out Marner and Tavares in the off-season and commit to a major re-tool. This group isn't going to get it done.
Totally agree with this. Marner is a very good regular season player but doesn't have it for playoff hockey when the going gets tough. And Tavares is just too old and slow. I do give Tavares credit for trying but again doesn't have it for playoff hockey.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't think a lot of people listen to the radio show, but those two chirp the crowd all the time.

The Leafs have the deadest arena north of Phoenix.

MLS entertainment.
I don't remember what had happened, maybe a goal, and the camera panned the crowd and there were 10 maybe 12 suits sitting there like corpses while the rest of the crowd was going bonkers. Fckn losers. Corporate tix for some arseholes who don't give a f*** about hockey let alone the Leafs. Money in the bank though.

Reactions: On-the-Fly

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Scott might have been this level... he was probably our most promising goalie by a fair bit... his numbers were pretty crazy.
Yeah and of course the one promising goalie we had decided to step away from the game....

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
8nxuvk.jpg

Reactions: PromisedLand

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Special teams & Frederic's squeeker past Samsonov (very good otherwise) was the difference here, otherwise solid game. Swayman again playing steller.

Without Nylander & Montgomery vs. Keefe, Boston is simply better.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Special teams are horrific and we couldn't score more than 2 goals again

Same problems, every year

What are the coaches actually doing and we're spending a ton of money for sweet **** all come playoff time

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Oh yes, that is really translating on the scoreboard eh?
Not yet... it's no secret the bruins are the better team goalie wise and Swayman has come up big in two game...

I still believe this Leafs team can win this series if they can clean up their special teams play

Cheers

Reactions: authentic

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Or is it the execution?
Well even that would be the coaches fault, you shouldn’t draft up a plan the players aren’t capable of executing. Reminds me of a team golf tournament I was in. My partner says just hit a slice over the pines that were 60 feet high and almost 200 yards away. Sure thing says I. Lmao!

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Clear out Marner and Tavares in the off-season and commit to a major re-tool. This group isn't going to get it done.
…By brand new management. These idiots had their chance to fix these glaring problems. They were the last people in the country to realize the problem.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
If willy isn't back on Saturday then he can go f*** himself.
Maybe he got into some kinky stuff and already did and that was the problem? Sounds as feasible as all the other nonsense on here.

He'll obviously play when he can. We need him, but I do worry people are going to be expecting too much.

Reactions: mjd1001 and Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad