Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yep. But like they say when things arent going good and things arent going your way just get traffic in front and put it on the net. We didn't do that either, which makes no sense especially when we were getting out goalie'D. The game plan should have been to get the puck to the point and put it on the net, every time.... never mind passing it around for 40 seconds straight trying to make something out of nothing.

I hated seeing Marner dance away with the puck on the perimeter, find no passive options available and just kind of flub away the 2 minutes.

That said, Matthews gotta be more like his Game 2 self than wait for the Ovi one timer too. Didn’t look like he was going to connect and he had no Plan B.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Marchand in his next interview will says Leafs will win the Stanley Cup this year that's how good we are.

Then go on to annihilate the same Leafs team next two games.

Marchand has been trolling the Leafs for a while. Just read the article below. Never seen marchand troll anyone like that.

And whats really embrassing is that the leafs brass take the trolling as if marchand meant it. He is laughing at the Leafs especially marner IMO. He basically publicly trolled marner and the leafs

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Yep. But like they say when things arent going good and things arent going your way just get traffic in front and put it on the net. We didn't do that either, which makes no sense especially when we were getting out goalie'D. The game plan should have been to get the puck to the point and put it on the net, every time.... never mind passing it around for 40 seconds straight trying to make something out of nothing.

I hated seeing Marner dance away with the puck on the perimeter, find no passive options available and just kind of flub away the 2 minutes.

That said, Matthews gotta be more like his Game 2 self than wait for the Ovi one timer too. Didn’t look like he was going to connect and he had no Plan B.

Reactions: Cleetus

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
if nylander is back game 4 i'd honestly take marner off the pp for him

marner likes to spend way to much f***ing time walking the point and then putting himself in the position to shoot a 40 foot wrister

he also can't shoot when the playoffs come

Or he might try a behind the back pass to no one when the 40 foot wrister option isn’t as appetizing.

He needs to simplify his game. Some of the stuff he tries to pull off just look like he’s earning style points while getting nowhere. It’s not junior anymore; and especially in the playoffs, the game becomes more grinding and simple.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
We were hemmed in our zone for far long for a stretches. Cannot happen. Boston knows this and they pounced on it to their advantage.

Killed off so much time like this.

beleaf101

Aug 9, 2009
The game seemed to change when Sammy allowed the weak first goal. The team seemed to play tentative after that. Time to get Liljegren off the ice Brodie has to better then him.
The fourth line seemed to be stabled to the bench in the third they could have been the momental changer. The first line seemed gased in the third.

It comes down to goaltending, special teams and coaching . We failed at that again

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
The raises are just Brodie + the cap raise...

They have a ton of cheap players next year

So are you expecting the cheap players to prop up high AAV players? Or the high AAV players to prop up cheap players i.e. make them more productive, especially in the playoffs.

And what evidence have you seen that makes you think one or the other would happen

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Or is it the execution?

Some of both, but don't you find for example that they transition a lot better/faster than we do, and always seem to have more room in the neutral zone? That's to say nothing of the special teams (Boston's weren't great in the regular season) which are all about the tactics (and goaltending).

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
When you've seen the same show for 8 years, your excitement wanes... It's human nature. Not saying he is wrong, but that crown is a pretty good representation of us...

I don't think a lot of people listen to the radio show, but those two chirp the crowd all the time.

The Leafs have the deadest arena north of Phoenix.

MLS entertainment.

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
Tough to draft one when we keep trading away our picks. And drafting one is usually not immediate help, which we need every year because you know every year is our year and we have to go for it.
It ain’t that tuff to draft one. Boston picked swayman 1 pick after we picked goalie Scot

Attachments

• IMG_6655.png
    IMG_6655.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 1

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
players are standing up for each other. Getting more involved in scrums. Showing emotion constantly. You can’t say it’s the same as other seasons. If you think heart is just hitting them you don’t get it or won’t ever get it.

Oh and you do eh?

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I know hockey players aren't too bright but that was an especially dumb move by Domi.. even by Domi standards.
I mean... why poke the bear or act like a bully anytime but in between the whistles... Domi had a good game otherwise but there's no real reason for that play imho

I still believe the Leafs win this series if they can figure out special teams play...

Last edited:
Reactions: aingefan and Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad