Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
imagine this team without the Tavares contract and Verhaeghe still on the roster, the cap space, and a power play 1 without Morgan Rielly. Liljegren is lucky he's right handed. Sandin should've been kept around somehow.

Reactions: Al14

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
One more year with Tavares at 11 AAV and Marner at 11 AAV and Matthews and Nylander raises next season

buckle up peeps its gonna be a bumpy ride.

I gotta keep reminding myself that it will take at least couple years to undo some of the damage by ShanaCON and Dubas

RETOOL RETOOL RETOOL (have to keep saying this to myself else I will f***ing lose my mind)

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Yea, you want a stud goalie and probably pay Marner 12+ M too for choking year after year. How exactly can they get a stud goalie when they have soft wingers making 11+ on the cap?

Not many stud goalies out there period, but if Markstrom or Saros get traded in the offseason, they basically make Bertuzzi money...

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Can't state it enough that with home ice this bad we basically forfeit our only advantage over the Bruins. We're a skilled team that's forced to play ball hockey on cracked pavement in our own barn. Such a joke.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The only way for us to get a top end goalie is allocate money and time/resources towards one

1 of Marner/Nylander have to go and be replaced by depth 2 scorers and a top end goalie if we want an elite goalie

Id still go Woll game 4 and see if he has anything in store for us

Samsonov is done here

Swayman makes the same as Samsanov...

Drafting one is the easiest way to get one, outside that, buying low and hoping they rebound/develop.

Getting goalies is hard.

Reactions: aingefan

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
A friendly reminder. We picked goalie Scot 1 pick before Boston grabbed swayman

Shows how important all picks are. And dubas gave away all our picks for years.

Attachments

• IMG_6655.png
    IMG_6655.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 2

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
This game aside, Swimsonov is a decent goalie at making the first save if it's not screened but after that it's all chaos. His rebound control, and positional play on the rebound is so bad for an NHL goaltender.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Shoot the puck and crash the net. That is always the solution to not scoring.

Marner needs to show some humility and simplify his game .. quick passes and play with pace to get shots towards the net.

Stop the cutesy shit and use his edge work to hold possession to wait for traffic in front while opening shot lanes.

His setup on Knies' goal was perfect. Need more of that type of play.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
One more year with Tavares at 11 AAV and Marner at 11 AAV and Matthews and Nylander raises next season

buckle up peeps its gonna be a bumpy ride.

I gotta keep reminding myself that it will take at least couple years to undo some of the damage by ShanaCON and Dubas

RETOOL RETOOL RETOOL (have to keep saying this to myself else I will f***ing lose my mind)
f*** man...

If it tskes another 3 years for retool to be done your talkong about 29ish Matthews and 30isb Nylander

Will be super tough to win then as they get older and begin to decline and have injuries become more frequent

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
We deserved better for real.

Just gonna say f*** Liljegren one last time before I sign off angry. Get this guy off the damn team already

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Well like I said. You can’t win anything with samsonov. He is just brutal. How and why leafs have yet to figure out without a goalie no chance. We ditched Freddy for way less than samsonov.

You know we took goalie Ian Scot one pick before Boston took Swayman??

Swayman single handed has been the series best player by far. Has won 2 games single handed.

Tbf Scott looked like a great pick until his skeleton exploded

Remu

Team Blue
Oct 2, 2019
PP 1/11
PK 6/10
Swayman may be the best goalie in the tournament right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad