Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
Well like I said. You can’t win anything with samsonov. He is just brutal. How and why leafs have yet to figure out without a goalie no chance. We ditched Freddy for way less than samsonov.

You know we took goalie Ian Scot one pick before Boston took Swayman??

Swayman single handed has been the series best player by far. Has won 2 games single handed.

Attachments

• IMG_6655.png
    IMG_6655.png
    272.2 KB · Views: 1

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Have to be able to convert on one or more of those PP opportunities - that didn't happen. Otherwise, the PK has to be flawless (that wasn't to be either). Score more than two goals and good things should occur. Scoring fewer than two goals is just about asking for too much.

Reactions: CincoHolio

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Say what you will Marchand is an amazing captain. Has Tavares ever put his team on his back like this?
Yeah Marchand looked real great disappearing in the second half of round 1 last year.

We lost because of shit goaltending and power puff Liljegren and Swayman making big saves. Not Marchand

Reactions: Metroid

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I still believe in this Leafs team for some odd reason... they probably deserved better this game but that's hockey

I also still say Domi's play was a rally cry for the Bruins team because they were basically doa up until that point in the game...

Anyone who says the reason the Leafs lost tonight was because of Marner just means that person clearly can't objectively watch Leafs games lol

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMad68

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
we are always seem to be the better Team, but we have one 1 series in 8 years, we are not a better team
The only time I see us considered the better team around here is playoff time during the regular season we suck. lol!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Well like I said. You can’t win anything with samsonov. He is just brutal. How and why leafs have yet to figure out without a goalie no chance. We ditched Freddy for way less than samsonov.

You know we took goalie Ian Scot one pick before Boston took Swayman??

Swayman single handed has been the series best player by far. Has won 2 games single handed.

Shame Scott had that career ending injury... he was showing some upside

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Honestly the fact that the Leafs are still struggling against this extremely watered down, soft, mediocre version of the Bruins after all these years with the core in their primes just says it all about them.

Who gives a shit at this point? This series shouldn't even be close, and they're losing.

f*** these losers lol...0/5 on the PP

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What did Keefe do wrong? Can anyone tell me?

Swayman vs Samsanov was the difference tonight...

Swayman 100% saves the Fredric goal and likely the Marchand goal.

On the other end, Samsanov lets in a few of those saves Swayman made.
The only way for us to get a top end goalie is allocate money and time/resources towards one

1 of Marner/Nylander have to go and be replaced by depth 2 scorers and a top end goalie if we want an elite goalie

Id still go Woll game 4 and see if he has anything in store for us

Samsonov is done here

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I'm disappointed but can't be shocked.

They fooled me with their execution last game, I'll admit it.

Special teams. Goaltending. Stars not being difference makers.

As much as I want them to win, I am looking forward to the impending changes.
There can be changes even if they beat Bos.

Which is what I am hoping for.

I guess Fla too.

Reactions: wingman75

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Another game of scoring 2 goals or less, they desperately need Nylander/McMann back

Thank you for the legendary game 2 AM34, but you can't produce 1 in 3 games

This Powerplay BS is so tiring, every year it lets us down. Switch something up for f***s sake

Reactions: 123offtheglass

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Keys to the game:

-Swaymans great, Samsonov two shit goals
-Liljegren again panics on the third goal and Edmundson loses a board battle again
-PP horrific, PK sucks again
-Refs made brutal mistakes that cost us

The Leafs should have won this game easily with a save on that first goal. Again goaltending and special teams.

Coaches, all of them, have to go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad