Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Clown ass rush to end the game there, idiot penalty by Captain Dumbass behind the Bs net because that’s where you want to take those, SHAMEFUL goaltending that would make Patrick Lalime proud and what else? Ah right we can’t finish and got goalied.

Infuriating game. Go half the game to score a goal, Sammy gives the Bs a freebie. Tie the game with a late 3rd period goal, Sammy gives it right back 28 seconds later.

Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Can't win hockey games going 1/11 on the powerplay through 3 games...

They have to figure that out yesterday.

Only down 2-1, still lots of hockey to be played boys and girls. If this is maximum effort we don't deserve anything anyways.

I'll leave these...

GL-ZMTgbYAAE7tu.jpeg

we-suck-again-oh-no.gif

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
The team just isn't good enough. They melt under the lights and constantly disappoint their home fans paying $1000s to get playoff tickets. The stars don't show up, they can't score on a PP and can't kill a penalty, and can't get a big save. Absolute disgrace, mentally weak team. On top of that your newly signed 11.5M man can't even suit up because his asshole hurts

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Love how Marchard is able to take Marner's legs out for the ENG but Tavares battling for a puck putting his hand on someone is a penalty.

Nonetheless the Leafs' Leaf'd.

Looked good after the Marner goal but then the typical playoff script followed:

- soft goal against
- massive special teams letdown
- caving after scoring a goal

I can't remember a team that allows the opposition to push back so easily after they score a goal. It's unreal how mentally fragile this core is.

Swayman is just unbeatable this season.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Samsonov let in 3 shots that should all be saved. Should've given us 1 of them, but he's too f***ing dogshit

Special teams will be the reason we lose this

If a series loss means marners bitch ass gets sent out, I'm all for it. He's such a cancer p***y ass player who's already been replaced by domi. He should play RD with how much time he spends up there. He's starting another f***ing goalless drought streak lol

this series, with swayman in net, is going and will go exactly how 2018 and 2019 went but with the added flavour of marner being dogshit. The goals we score take 10x as much effort because our players cannot finish and the other team always has a great goalie.

bruins in 7 was my original prediction, I still go with that. Marner's too much of a p***y to show up and Matthews isn't gonna Mcdavid us through this

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Goaltending wins championships.

That's not us. Sadly.

Sad thing is, you don't even need prime Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur goaltending. Just need a competent goalie who could make timely saves and aren't giving up back breaking goals like Samsonov.

Reactions: dynasty67

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Not sure I have ever seen a team so consistently give up a goal immediately after scoring. I think they must have set the record.

Horrible on the PP.. shoot the damn puck. And so many players on this team, including Marner a couple of times, turning the puck over a few feet inside the offensive blueline and it drives me CRAZY. If you don't have a play dump it!!!

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It was inevitable they were going to lose after wasting their power plays, you just can't expect to win when you don't take advantage of situations. Bruins won this game in about 2 minutes of smart play taking advantage.

The back breaking beach ball 1st goal certainly didn't help but we all knew that was just a matter of time.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
There's only so much a team can do when Marner, Samsonov, and Keefe are sabotaging the group from within.

They need Nylander back to have any chance.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
As frustrated as I am, I still have liked a lot of what the Leafs have done.

The series can be won.

I am a little nervous that even though they are playing a tougher, meaner playoff style, the same issues still plague them.

Also a little tired of losing at home.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
Your core players need to be strong on the puck. We let Hyman go and kept Marner. Marner isn't skating so he's useless and he's very clearly scared of the puck. Most teams know this now so I wonder if the Leafs can even get good value for him. Matthews and Tavares are strong on the puck but can't skate. They just don't have guys who are multifaceted.

Reactions: dynasty67 and Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad