Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2 to Flyers | Seven games till Carlyle's firing

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I expect excuses for one and blame for the other and I'm seldom disappointed.

It's ok ULF, maybe you'll understand goaltending one day.

Here's a book you can read.

http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Rink-Ian-Young/dp/0919591736

Sorry dude, I'm just feeling like **** tonight. This team broke my heart. I'm really feeling it right now, the realization of what just happened hit me. I need a drink, hit, whatever.

Last edited:

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
This team is such a mess. Special teams are absolutely atrocious. The PK is garbage. 5on3, 5on4 doesn't matter this team loses the face off and within seconds it's a goal at least once a game.
The PP is just as terrible. We start it off with 2 pylons and give up as many chances if not more. How many ****ing times is this team gonna give up a 2 on 1 or clear cut breakaway during a PP.

We are terrible at faceoffs, and our captain is a lazy *****.
Our coach doesn't make any adjustments ever. He keeps the same lines, same PP units, same everything not once do you see variation.

depth guys are garbage. Clarkson contributes nothing. Orr nothing. McClement nothing.

What a ****ing mess. Zero heart. So glad I'm a Raptors fan also at least that team has heart. What a shame, it was such an amazing feeling to experience the playoffs last year vs Boston. It was a beatiful atmosphere

TheThrill81*

Lol @ the Raptors having heart. Worst case of 'what have you done for me lately?'

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Lol @ the Raptors having heart. Worst case of 'what have you done for me lately?'

Yeah how about you watch a game then speak. Guys like Lowry and Amir are heart and soul guys who constantly go out there and do anything to win, play through injuries etc.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Yeah how about you watch a game then speak. Guys like Lowry and Amir are heart and soul guys who constantly go out there and do anything to win, play through injuries etc.

basketball players do that?

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Wild fan here. Just letting you know we feel your pain in the west. Two weeks ago we thought we were a lock for the first wild card spot. Now we're looking at probably missing the playoffs. yay

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
[Insert goalie here] gave up a goal gloveside and couldn't make the big saves when we really needed one.

Have we heard that before?

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
I'm applying the Reimer rules ... Lecavalier goal was a poor angle and a long pass that everyone saw it coming. He should have saved it as there is no such thing as a good shot without a screen.

Giroux was high glove, and we know high glove shots should be saved.

:handclap:

horner

May 22, 2007
I havent heard this before
More myths.

Pete deboar and dale hunter havent said anything like what u just came up with

I am from London and a Knights fan
Kadri did get benched for the reasons above

The Hunters dont **** around

Hell Domi was benched for a period a couple of wks ago

mikebel111*

I am from London and a Knights fan
Kadri did get benched for the reasons above

The Hunters dont **** around

Hell Domi was benched for a period a couple of wks ago

Well i guess he was a little immature but hey some kids are at young ages.

I will say he is passed that now

Kyle Doobas*

Wild fan here. Just letting you know we feel your pain in the west. Two weeks ago we thought we were a lock for the first wild card spot. Now we're looking at probably missing the playoffs. yay
I might just be misunderstanding the playoff seeding, but looking at the standings now, you guys seem to have a fairly safe wild card spot?

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Well i guess he was a little immature but hey some kids are at young ages.

I will say he is passed that now

Not to mention that Dale loved the guy. People keep saying things like he's uncoachable and has attitude issues yet both Deboer and Hunter speak very highly of him. Even Carlyle has a pretty good relationship with him. The only one who ever seemed to have an issue was Wilson, but Ronnie was a passive aggressive coward who was a poor communicator overall.

mikebel111*

Not to mention that Dale loved the guy. People keep saying things like he's uncoachable and has attitude issues yet both Deboer and Hunter speak very highly of him. Even Carlyle has a pretty good relationship with him. The only one who ever seemed to have an issue was Wilson, but Ronnie was a passive aggressive coward who was a poor communicator overall.

Didnt kadri spend some time in kitchener with spott as coach? I believe there is an interview on youtube where spott praises kadri a lot.
Kid is competitive!

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010

another team melting down in the playoff push with most of their money invested in american players.

KlaxicoBurress

Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, ON
Shots aren't going through Bernier, aside from one of the Backes goals, but Backes was essentially in alone on that one. I wouldn't expect Reimer to make a cross crease save whilst 2 men down. Giroux is one of the best players on the planet, I also would not fault Reimer if he got taken top cheese like Bernier did.

Bernier plays good enough for this team to win. 4 goals against is mediocre but I really wouldn't consider any of them being of the soft variety.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
It was bad bounces
Team came out ready and with urgency
First to the puck and body all night
Winning the battles
Blocking shots
But just couldn't get the bounces

Obviously the middle part is not true....why didn't they do that?

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Love how since Bernier returns, the losing streak continues but now all of a sudden it isn't goaltending that's the problem but Dion Phaneuf. The problem is the team as a whole, players and coaches combined. There is no heart. Reimer and Bernier are being let down by just about everyone in front of them. Can't blame solely Reimer or solely Phaneuf, blame the whole team. The Raptors squad should lace em up and show this Leafs squad what heart and teamwork looks like.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Memory tells me you wanted Carlyle as coach when Wilson was canned.

We Had Wilson, I was desperate but you're right and midway last season I already had regrets then hope in playoffs then the catastrophe and honestly thought that was it.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Love how since Bernier returns, the losing streak continues but now all of a sudden it isn't goaltending that's the problem but Dion Phaneuf. The problem is the team as a whole, players and coaches combined. There is no heart. Reimer and Bernier are being let down by just about everyone in front of them. Can't blame solely Reimer or solely Phaneuf, blame the whole team. The Raptors squad should lace em up and show this Leafs squad what heart and teamwork looks like.

Hey Dougie, ya you're right it's a team thing but I think it stems from the coach. Oh well.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
We really have no right to dump on our keepers. They are the only reason we are even sniffing the playoffs this year. There is a major issue with the team and/or system. although it's odd, as others have noted, that the same players have done the same thing with 2 different coaches, so where does the problem really lie?

Here's to a big turnaround tonight

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Bowen and Millen both on accident not knowing they are on air called someone really bad. I wonder who

Also Phaneuf is a *****

they're were referring to the officiating crew, it's not just the borderline call on Bolland or the non-existent call on Kulemin putting the Leafs 2 down they were gripping about but more about ignoring several interference calls against the Flyers, everyone in the league sees it and so they know when they play Toronto the pick is on and probably won't get called

this has been happening with increasing regularity over the past dozen or more games momentum killing borderline calls(penalties nevertheless) and putting the whistle away against the other team for the same infractions............not saying that it's some kind of conspiracy because the team has deserved it's fate of late, poor starts soft goals and a general lack of intensity will kill your chances of winning everytime

Phelan

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
GIF of Kessel/Phaneuf incident. Sorry for crappy quality.

rbmnoh.jpg

To me it looks like he says "You got a big mouth!!".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad