Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 3-2

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Refs and Andy cost us the game

Matthews was a beast

Nylander was good

Everyone other forward was a disappointment

Oh also when are we gonna call Dermott out for playing poorly?
Dermott is a #7 on this team now.

Rielly Barrie
Muzzin Holl
Sandin Liljegren
Dermott

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Tavares, here's a message from many Leaf fans... 'We don't need you.'

Message to McDavid... 'Stay in Edmonton.' You'll end being treated like crap here if you don't score every game.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
breathe everyone.
breathe.

it's not the end of the season.

Andy is always rusty after a break. Think October Andy.

Dallas was a tough team for him to start against.
He'll quickly move to November Andersen as we play Ottawa and Buffalo.
Yeah, we can always beat up on the disabled.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
We didn’t look good at all to start the game, played catch-up and were too late again with any urgency in our game.

Andersen will take the heat, but a breakaway and a no chance PP, so hardly a shit fest. First one not great, that’s fair.

Barrie is a mirage, brutal from the point but he gets another absolutely nothing assist on Matthews unreal tally. Trade him please.

Keefe changed lines but it wasn’t a good look.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Passing the puck around the offensive zone and then losing it at the line, looks good, but doesn't win hockey games.
Dump and chase only works if you actually go into the corners to retrieve the puck after you dump it in.
Playing around with the puck in your own zone, when you don't have the lead, doesn't help at all, it just kills the clock.

We had 23 missed shots. They had 12.

If you want to blame the D, the Goalie, whatever, understand that 4 players make up almost half of the cap space that the team can use.

We can't hope to get better D, or a solid 3rd line without the money to bring the players here. The 4 guys took the money, and in the process handcuffed the team,so if they are tired, and playing too much, this is what you get. You can blame them or the GM.

Doesn't matter it happened.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Anyone got the name of those refs tonight?

Most biased ****ing reffing I've seen this season, what a joke. Dallas got away with everything.

They are listed in the box score for every game on NHL.com and probably every other site that shows more than just the score.

Reactions: Rogie

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Our starting goalie isn't very good boys. You know people will say the team is bad, but truth is Andersen is a major problem and has been for all but one month.
Play Campbell until Freddy figures it out.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Andy has bailed us out in the past but this season he's one of the biggest problems with this team. Doesn't help how he's also been brutal in the playoffs with us.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Dermott is a #7 on this team now.

Rielly Barrie
Muzzin Holl
Sandin Liljegren
Dermott

I feel like he’s just been escaping criticism for a while now.

That second goal. Dallas has the puck and he has no support, why did he jump up???

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I am pretty sold that most these guys don't give a flying f*** about the playoffs.

Turning sour on a few guys as the season progresses, including the reason I am here in the first place, JT.

So fragile and depressed out there. Every night they get out willpowered. Campbell should get the next game.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I think a goalies job in every game is to just be better than the guy at the other end of the rink, and Andersen wasn’t today. It wasn’t because Andersen was bad, Bishop played unreal, but the team with the better goalie is usually who wins in the NHL.

Reactions: Ratboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad