Pre-Game Talk: Leafs look to rebound against Ducks from Anaheim - Oct 30th

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Ducks are so bad that not even the Leafs can screw this up tonight.
Screenshot_20221030-113945~2.png

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Honestly, hope Keefe sends a message.

Bench one of Matthews/Marner. Don't play Holl, Or NAK. Gotta show some discipline, it seems like the players have more control over the team than the coaching staff, that's a problem.

Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Bunting - Kerfoot - Marner
Engvall - Jarnkrok - Malgin
Simmonds- Kampf - ZAR

Rielly - Sandin
Giordano - Brodie
Kral - Mete

I understand that this lineup looks horrible. But at this point, we gotta show some discipline, show that poor play results in consequences. We cannot be complacent, we've let Samsonov left out to dry due to poor effort.

Also not sure why Keefe split the second line, I think Robertson should be there, despite Kerfoot's recent play.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Kjällgren has just been confirmed as our starter tonight! :clap: We are not taking any chances with our current and only great, number one goalie samsonov. We have to sit him so he dont get injured.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Honestly, hope Keefe sends a message.

Bench one of Matthews/Marner. Don't play Holl, Or NAK. Gotta show some discipline, it seems like the players have more control over the team than the coaching staff, that's a problem.

Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Bunting - Kerfoot - Marner
Engvall - Jarnkrok - Malgin
Simmonds- Kampf - ZAR

Rielly - Sandin
Giordano - Brodie
Kral - Mete

I understand that this lineup looks horrible. But at this point, we gotta show some discipline, show that poor play results in consequences. We cannot be complacent, we've let Samsonov left out to dry due to poor effort.

Also not sure why Keefe split the second line, I think Robertson should be there, despite Kerfoot's recent play.

Babcock was doing the right thing 4 years ago.

Shanny needs to go for being swindled by Dubas and his laptop.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Anaheim are the lowest scoring team in the league with just 16 goals in 8 games and they have given up 36 GA for a -20 goal differential.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Win or lose in Anaheim, the Leafs were so exceptionally bad on this Western trip that I think they could go undefeated in the next 2 weeks and they still wouldn't be back to the Winnipeg game. They just raised even more questions about themselves.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Win or lose in Anaheim, the Leafs were so exceptionally bad on this Western trip that I think they could go undefeated in the next 2 weeks and they still wouldn't be back to the Winnipeg game. They just raised even more questions about themselves.
Leafs most complete game of the season was vs the Jets and that was the day Simmonds and Clifford and everyone played bigger and more intense.

The Leafs have built a very perimeter team and opposition has learned how to box them out and keep them on the outside and thus reduce high dangers shots and scoring chances.

Leafs lack of foot speed is also noticeable particularly their Dcore where the opposition knows if you play a heavy game and aggressive forecheck Leafs will serve up gift opportunities and get pinned deep in their own zone.

Problem Leafs face is even weaker teams on talent can aggressively forecheck and collapse into your own zone and box out the Leafs done by competing hard and not based on high-end skill needed.

Last edited:

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
The Leafs need a convincing win against ANA.

This year feels different, but I feel they can play at .500 for the first part of the season.

Is .500 good enough to a lame duck GM? We'll see...

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The Leafs need a convincing win against ANA.

Man the heat will be so hot if they lose tonight.

Also, I ran the draft lotto simulator and with a 3.5% chance we moved up to 1st on my one and only sim. It’s a sign.

I think we will see a big Leafs win today with Leafs winning by 4 goals. IMO

Hard to imagine we will not see a big statement today and the opposition being near the bottom in goals for and goals against make this a perfect opportunity for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad