GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7 PM - the Grand Finale, 70 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not really a reasonable comparison with the state tax and all. I'm sure you'll say that's irrelevant but it's valid.
I mean it isn't fair but within the realm of the way the NHL operates income tax is irrelevant lol Tampa is getting a 140+ point forward for under 10 million while we are paying 11+ for a 90 point guy.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
is that the bar?

the core gets to the second round and that's all?

the core needs to do much more than that for it to be worth it. 7 years and 1 series win, 8 years and 2 will be enough for another run back?

they gotta make a conference finals or finals run for it to be worth it
He didn't say that was the bar. He said all the negative babies here tonight better not come around and act excited if the Leafs make it to Round 2.

Reactions: authentic

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
the end of this season has taken a sudden wrong turn in the worst way

blowing the game to Detroit, Florida, Tampa to end off the year

Giving up the 100th assist to Kuch, Matthews stuck at 69 to end the season

Somehow end up playing Boston in round 1

lol could it have ended any f*ing worse than this?

69 is just the icing on the cake if not 70.
59, and 79 just doesn't quite hit like good ol SIXTY NINE does.

Very fitting for this team actually

• Haha
Reactions: LastOne2100

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Still, this team certainly doesn't deserve to get to 7.

Christ, can you all give it a f***ing rest.
If they play the series to 7 games they deserved to get to 7. I get we have looked like shit the last few games, but the defeatist attitudes and dooms saying is incredibly annoying.

If you’re so convinced they won’t put up a fight, then I guess there’s no need to watch. Feel free to do that. No one is forcing you to support this team.

pdson

Apr 14, 2014
I didn't know outshooting a team was the goal.

he's flat out sucked the last 2 games. Chased 70 the last two games instead of having the goals chase him
Get the f outa here with this garbage . Guy scored in 8 straight games and because he doesn't score in 2 you criticize him guy has scored 69 frigging goals and still might get 70. What a joke post

Reactions: blue stick

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Hindsight is 20/20 but Dubas should’ve signed Tanev over Brodie. Tanev did have injury concerns at the time but he’s at least a still competent defenseman despite his injury history and physical style. Brodie fell off despite being soft as butter and being relatively healthy.

Reactions: ToneDog

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Christ, can you all give it a f***ing rest.
If they play the series to 7 games they deserved to get to 7. I get we have looked like shit the last few games, but the defeatist attitudes and dooms saying is incredibly annoying.

If you’re so convinced they won’t put up a fight, then I guess there’s no need to watch. Feel free to do that. No one is forcing you to support this team.
Exactly why I avoid GDT's.

Reactions: Sypher04

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
The thing about momentum is that it can change in the first 5 mins of the first game.

Momentum is a factor, but it's not as big as you are making it out to be.

There are too many variables that go into the equation.

But putting down people who view it different than you is sure fire way to continue a conversation about a topic that really doesn't have an absolute answer
calling it a myth on something that doesn't have an absolute answer is a sure way to continue a conversation.

see how that works?

anyway, we'll all see soon enough.

Reactions: Jojalu

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Auston Matthews has had some all-time great scoring looks the last few games but his pressing for offense and getting snakebit in a moment of pressure is giving me Columbus Game 5, Montreal Game 5, 6 and OT, 7 and Florida Games 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 flashbacks.

Even if he scores now, which he probably won't, it's completely divorced from the success of the team and meaning. It just feels like Keefe's shitty words just ruined something so positive and put the whole affair into a tailspin.

Keefe seemed to be jealous his player might score 70

I don't see how this guy can be our coach next year. Edmonton fires their coach every other season but we have to stick with this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad