GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7 PM - the Grand Finale, 70 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Kucherov played 17:48 after 40
Matthews played 13:54 after 40

One coach is trying to get his player a milestone. The other coach is trying to get his players to hate him.
one player is even

one player is -3

if matthews played more the score would be 7 or 8 to 1

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
IMG_8218.jpeg

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
And then skate off super casually like he was finishing a practice drill. SMH. This team has no pride
If I'm Treliving, I trade his ass even if i lose the trade !!! Nylander should have stayed on the ice long enough to at least prevent the pass.

Nylander has cashed in, now he's just going to coast for the remainder of his new contract. He won't take hits to make plays. He just protects himself and his pretty face. More interested in appearing in muscle shirts for the ladies.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We all know Cooper going to have his entire team on Matthews.

He will not let kucherovs night get over shadowed. As a good coach should do. Stand by his player

Reactions: ACC1224

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Tampa is throwing everything and the kitchen sink to stop Matthews from getting 70. Would’ve been nice of us to replicate that effort on our PK against Kucherov. Oh well. Who cares it’s game 82 I guess.

Reactions: fahad203

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
lots of people in this thread.

Any coaches care to comment on their own personal experience around momentum?

anyone want to go on record saying it doesn't matter if you lose a bunch of games in a row going into the playoffs?

meh, we know our path.

it is known.
I will easily go on the record.

It does play a factor but it's not an absoulte.

There are times where teams rest players and it hinders their pergormance, and times it works and players come ready to go. Besides, if the Leafs finished hot it would be dismissed as not mattering because it wasn't the playoffs.

The Leafs have obviously just been playing to get Matthews his 70th and it could very well burn them. The good news is that Bos also gave up on the season and has been garbage as well.

Whoever wakes up first in the series has a good chance.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
If I'm Treliving, I trade his ass even if i lose the trade !!! Nylander should have stayed on the ice long enough to at least prevent the pass.

Nylander has cashed in, now he's just going to coast for the remainder of his new contract. He won't take hits to make plays. He just protects himself and his pretty face. More interested in appearing in muscle shirts for the ladies.

Can't even do that cause he has a full NMC.

Team is fully trapped on this treadmill once Marner re-signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad