GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7 PM - the Grand Finale, 70 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
This is the first game it’s actually felt forced trying to get it to Matthews. As for the idea they are prioritizing it over preparing for the playoffs, there is simply nothing to suggest that. Their lineup is out of sorts due to guys being rested and guys who are injured but will be there for game 1. This game has no meaning other than Matthews goal. Win or loss is immaterial. There is no intensity or physicality really from either side. You’re not getting any preparation out of this game you haven’t had for the last 81 games.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He’s just a dumb player.

TBH is he dumb? Was he developed poorly by a dumb coach? Is the team a disaster special teams?

As far as I remember Lilj was drafted because he dropped and had high defensive IQ and ability potential.

I dont agree with Lilj being dumb. I think Keefe has this team doing a whole lot of dumb defensively though.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
This place is insufferable right now.

Holy Moses.
Do you not think it's because we have all seen this exact script play over and over and over. And deep down, we'd sacrifice our children/wife/partner/boyfriend/parents (you get the drift) to see the Leafs actually win the Cup?

And yet, it is the same thing time and time again. The Leafs never, ever remind you of a team that can win the Cup.

And then we will do the exact sale thing next year, and the year after and the year after.

And yet, every single one of us are just dying for the team to convince us that they are actually mentally strong enough to win a Cup.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
All this load management, injury free talk needs to be thrown out the window. I dunno where it originated from, if it's baseball think or school of Kawhi, but this non competitive, precious mentality needs to get curbed. That's not hockey.

Play all 82

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Do you not think it's because we have all seen this exact script play over and over and over. And deep down, we'd sacrifice our children/wife/partner/boyfriend/parents (you get the drift) to see the Leafs actually win the Cup?

And yet, it is the same thing time and time again. The Leafs never, ever remind you of a team that can win the Cup.

And then we will do the exact sale thing next year, and the year after and the year after.

And yet, every single one of us are just dying for the team to convince us that they are actually mentally strong enough to win a Cup.

It's game 82 and a meaningless one at that.

This time next week let's have this discussion.

Reactions: Sypher04

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
With the reaves goal, the leafs have officially scored 300 goals this season
artworks-jaouAKy0lmRdFeaf-Oy95KQ-t500x500.jpg

Reactions: torontoblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad