GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7 PM - the Grand Finale, 70 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I just feel there's too much focus on getting Matthews 70. Seems like the team is more focused on getting him 70 than actually making good decisions and playing well. It's honestly annoying me.
I almost wish he had 60 and the other 9 were spread around other players so that we wouldn't have to go through this bs for 4 games straight.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
As long as he keeps Marner with Nylander, if he tries three lines, I don't think it maximizes the potential.

i think marner with tavares might make tavares serviceable while nylander with some young Knies/Robertson-Holmberg would create a scoring threat. Issue would be that we could mostly do that at home with last change; on the road that third option would be defensively be feasted upon by opposition

and then you can load up a line if you need to.

this would allow one of the 3 lines of the Leafs to be out there without the top 4 defensivve pair and be a scoring threat

Pens did to a T with Kessel on the 3rd line running Hagelin- Bonino - Kessel; with Crosby and Malkin the other 2 lines

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
This 70 goal chase is going to f*** us over big time. At no point should the organization prioritize a single player achievement above getting the team ready for the playoffs.

This last half a dozen games has shown how immature the whole organization is. They don't get it.
immature and brattish sum up this team today. It's really pathetic. They would have a better chance without trying to force it this much and making it this obvious as well

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I haven't liked liljegren's game so far

he makes the same mistakes as he has for the past 3 years. If he could play under pressure like he does without it, he'd be a great #2/3 but he's so godawful under it, it's like he panics and instantly does the worst thing possible

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
immature and brattish sum up this team today. It's really pathetic. They would have a better chance without trying to force it this much and making it this obvious as well
There are only 2 goals tonight. Players fighting for a playoff spot and Matthews 70th goal. Blame Keefe for not cracking the whip

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The guy had scored 69 goals in 79 games before the Florida game. Why the team didn't think he could get 1 goal in 2 games without them abandoning all sense of structure is beyond me.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Teams rally around such guys because he has their backs. It's good for team morale.

Look how excited they were when he scored, he looked like Matty out there with that shot.
I agree. Never said he didn’t deserve to play all those playoff games. His role is important no doubt.

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Yep. Everyone knows where they're going. Start spreading the scoring chances around when AM is on and he'll eventually be more open. Just makes sense.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
My lame retort was bang on.
IMG_8104.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Darcy Tucker

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I haven't liked liljegren's game so far

he makes the same mistakes as he has for the past 3 years. If he could play under pressure like he does without it, he'd be a great #2/3 but he's so godawful under it, it's like he panics and instantly does the worst thing possible
He’s just a dumb player.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad