GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7:30 PM SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Can't wait for this one. Expect a fast game. Lots of great scoring chances. Could be an 8-7 game. Speed and skill will be on full display. Fun to watch those games. each team thinks they have more skill so we'll see. i think leafs have more.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Ok now this should be fun.

Myself, I think these 2 rosters are pretty much identical in overall quality, though I do think the Bolts have played better so far, which may be a coaching thing.

Anyways, big test. Hoping for the Leafs to do what the Raps just did last night.

48337192_10161179770010029_61908947094732800_n.jpg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He's been playing really well lately and it seems almost inevitable that his production catches up to his play sooner or later. Tonight would be a great time for him to pot a couple, no doubt about it.

Yeah, 52.5% possession with less than 50% offensive zone starts. Rel numbers are probably even better but too lazy to look them up.

He's had a very good season so far without the points. One hot streak and he's on pace for his usual ~55 points.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
Their Schedule could be favourable. I’m not saying they’re not good, but from what I saw they were not world beaters.

You actually have a point there, I just had a look at their schedule this season and they beat the weaker teams and kind of split or lost the games against better teams.

The only difference for our Leafs is that they haven't been consistently beating weaker teams or teams with lots of injuries like the Bruins.

With that said the Lightning is a really good team and this should be a fun game to watch tonight.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Leafs cant afford not to show up tonight, if they think they can just win off of their skill then there going to get smacked around by Tampa. Im pretty sure tonight is the first time this year the leafs are facing a team that has had a better record then them.. Not bad for 31 games into the season lol

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Imagine losing Andersen for a month and still winning almost every game.
Tampa just did that :laugh:

I'm pumped though should be a great game.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Boys gotta treat this like a playoff game! Expecting a heck of a game.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
upload_2018-12-13_11-42-13.gif

Been looking forward to this game for some time. It'll be good to see how the Leafs stack up against the league's best team so far.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I don't see it as a playoff type game but it will be very fast and skilled. Very uptempo type game. I see both sides trying to outdo the other in speed and skill. Like I said i think both sides think they have more speed and skill so it will be a test of who has more.

Playoff hockey is much different. No time and space. Guys trying to put a beating on you. It is more like a war. or a battle of attrition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad