Proposal: Leafs- Kings. Leafs - Blues

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
You couldn't just run with it and ignore the typo ? You must be a fun person to be around lol.
I am actually a very fun guy to be around. Most people get when I’m joking. Maybe it’s a Toronto thing. They don’t think Albertans make jokes. I’m the king of lames Dad jokes and the people closest to me actually enjoy it. lol.

I admitted it in the response, still not a fun response.
What’s not fun about it? You took it seriousl? I’m sure theres plenty of others that read it and laughed.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I am actually a very fun guy to be around. Most people get when I’m joking. Maybe it’s a Toronto thing. They don’t think Albertans make jokes. I’m the king of lames Dad jokes and the people closest to me actually enjoy it. lol.

What’s not fun about it? You took it seriousl? I’m sure theres plenty of others that read it and laughed.
To be fair it's hard to tell exactly how someone is responding through text when you don't know them. Also regarding Calgary and the people their, well I'd much rather live their then Toronto. I love my city but it's terrible now.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
To be fair it's hard to tell exactly how someone is responding through text when you don't know them. Also regarding Calgary and the people their, well I'd much rather live their then Toronto. I love my city but it's terrible now.
We get all the Ontario transplants here and they don’t seem to get our sense of humour

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
To
Kings
Bertuzzi
Robertson
2024 3rd

To
Toronto
Roy

To
St Louis
Marner
Liljegren

To
Toronto
Parayko
Buchnevich

Kings get a gritty winger and a young LW with good upside plus a 3rd for Roy. Leafs get a top 4 RHD.

Blues get younger with a superstar winger and a young # 5 RHD. Leafs get a top line two way winger and a solid number 2 RHD.

Let me know what you think.
No assets going to the Kings that we need nor could we fit under the cap, on the other hand Roy is a player we need. The value is way off too.

Reactions: YP44 and Guitpik

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To
Kings
Bertuzzi
Robertson
2024 3rd

To
Toronto
Roy

To
St Louis
Marner
Liljegren

To
Toronto
Parayko
Buchnevich

Kings get a gritty winger and a young LW with good upside plus a 3rd for Roy. Leafs get a top 4 RHD.

Blues get younger with a superstar winger and a young # 5 RHD. Leafs get a top line two way winger and a solid number 2 RHD.

That deal is lousy for LA. Replace Robertson with Knies. Replace the 3rd with a 2nd.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Just like Dubois was potentially going to fit like a glove in LA. We’ve been burned with that before.

If you want Roy it starts with a first.
“First” off we want Roy!!!

Secondly we want to trade you our garbage pail gangly guys that can’t skate very well!!!

Thirdly we know your not adverse to making totally 1 sided trades as shown in the PLD trade you made in the summer.

Come on you know you want it! Let’s do the Nasty trade dance the kids are all doing in the streets and is all the rage!!!

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
That deal is lousy for LA. Replace Robertson with Knies. Replace the 3rd with a 2nd.
You went to far the other way on that one. Now your proposed deal is lousy for the leafs considering their is no extension. Looks like your ability to propose a deal is just as poor as mine.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
To
Kings
Bertuzzi
Robertson
2024 3rd

To
Toronto
Roy

To
St Louis
Marner
Liljegren

To
Toronto
Parayko
Buchnevich

Marner = NMC

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I don’t know how he’s doing this year specifically but Parayko has traded off the hype of his early career for years…

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
the 2nd is doable but Knies is off the table. if there's no way around it then I guess its just not a good fit. also I think you guys are really undervaluing Robertson. kids got some good potential but it still wouldnt get the deal done but I dont think its because of Robertson. truth is. Bertuzzi adds zero value to the trade. he's a UFA and under preforming

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Robertson stinks. He plays 11 min/game to extend his career because he gets absolutely rocked every couple hundred minutes.

Reactions: McJedi

Strangle

May 4, 2009

I run into this all the time around here. People don’t pickup on things that are said hyperbolically often

So by me saying ‘all the time’, above, some socially challenged, chronically online, pinhead is going to say “you’re wrong, it can’t be all the time, look at these 3 examples where it didn’t happen”

Reactions: Hockey 4 Life

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Robertson isnt a dime a dozen bottom 6 forward

He is a top 6 forward on any team that doesnt have an idiot for a coach

Oh boy...

So Robertson is a top six forward on any team in the league - except, of course, for the team that is in dire need of depth scoring - the problem is the coach just won't do it.

This is a ridiculous post and Robertson is, by no stretch of the imagination, a top six player on any team in the league unless the league you are talking about is the American Hockey League.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
To
Kings
Bertuzzi
Robertson
2024 3rd

To
Toronto
Roy

To
St Louis
Marner
Liljegren

To
Toronto
Parayko
Buchnevich

No interest in Bertuzzi, especially with Arvidsson coming back. Not sure why everyone things Bertuzzi is a power forward or something, maybe just because of his last name. Garland is more gritty then him IMO.

I am game for moving roy just so LA does not lose him for nothing. But more in a move to help restock the cupboard or bring in assets that can/should be used to aquire a goalie in the offseason. Roy is a really good defenseman and exactly who the leafs should target. I doubt Blake moves him though, if anything Blake will no realize the sunk cost in PLD and throw more assets to try and make this team look better than they are.

Robertson isnt a dime a dozen bottom 6 forward

He is a top 6 forward on any team that doesnt have an idiot for a coach

He is pacing for 21 goals despite below 11 mins a game usage with 4th liners by our genius coach Keefe

Robertson isnt a thrown in piece. Ideally we see Keefe fired this year ajd Robertson can get a better chance with a coach who plays and develops his young players

Sandin, Lilijgren, Dermott, Robertson and Knies to an extent have all under performed with Keefe.

I would fire the coach before dumping a guy who has been producing good offensove numbers in limited opportunity role

The offer wont get Roy I agree still. The kings would want a 1st +

Robertson I see as a Trevor Moore level player if we can use him right
For the bold, the kings should want a 1st +. But I think Blake is too dumb to do that.

Reactions: Guitpik

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I'd do a 1st + bertuzzi @ 50% retained for Roy. I think that's a pretty fair deal for both sides.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
the 2nd is doable but Knies is off the table. if there's no way around it then I guess its just not a good fit. also I think you guys are really undervaluing Robertson. kids got some good potential but it still wouldnt get the deal done but I dont think its because of Robertson. truth is. Bertuzzi adds zero value to the trade. he's a UFA and under preforming
Obviously Bert adds no value and Robertson doesn’t have much either. It’s a horrible offer value wise for the Kings. Your junk for a key player of the other roster. The lopsided I win you lose OP. Classic homer HF proposal.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Obviously Bert adds no value and Robertson doesn’t have much either. It’s a horrible offer value wise for the Kings. Your junk for a key player of the other roster. The lopsided I win you lose OP. Classic homer HF proposal.
just saying the adds are fine, its the Bertuzzi. if you offered something like 1st + Robertson it would be a good starting point

Robertson still has some decent potential, still just a kid that has had some bad luck. it's not over for him yet

I think its stupid for the Leafs to move more of their future. did this too many times and this team isnt just Roy away from being good enough.

we just dont have the assets other teams would want that we are also willing to give up.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
just saying the adds are fine, its the Bertuzzi. if you offered something like 1st + Robertson it would be a good starting point

Robertson still has some decent potential, still just a kid that has had some bad luck. it's not over for him yet

I think its stupid for the Leafs to move more of their future. did this too many times and this team isnt just Roy away from being good enough.

we just dont have the assets other teams would want that we are also willing to give up.
A first + Robertson (I’ll assign 2nd round value) is a decent starting point. I suppose Bert is the salary to throw in. Value = 0 for LA.

It’s a rebuilding trade for the Kings though so I suspect they easily say no. That’s not where their club is today.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
A first + Robertson (I’ll assign 2nd round value) is a decent starting point. I suppose Bert is the salary to throw in. Value = 0 for LA.

It’s a rebuilding trade for the Kings though so I suspect they easily say no. That’s not where their club is today.
well good starting point or not it still only makes sense for Toronto. I dunno why LA does this, unless they got a guy ready to step in and take over for Roy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00