To
St Louis
Marner
Liljegren

To
Toronto
Parayko
Buchnevich

Kings get a gritty winger and a young LW with good upside plus a 3rd for Roy. Leafs get a top 4 RHD.

Blues get younger with a superstar winger and a young # 5 RHD. Leafs get a top line two way winger and a solid number 2 RHD.

Let me know what you think.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Parayko is one of the few pieces I am confident the blues have no interest in moving. Getting Marner makes no sense for us either as we won't give him the contract he wants

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Bertuzzi has 14 goals in his last 94 games.

Robertson looks like a tweener.

I don't think LA would have much interest.
Bertuzzi hasn't been great with the Leafs but with the Kings I think he fits like a glove and would return to form. Robertson has actually been good but the coach just won't play him properly.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Blues fan says no thanks. We have a ton of forward youth. This doesn’t really help us rebuild.

Marmer is great but is gone in two years. We can get a solid d prospect and a 1st for Buch. I want to keep CP.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
To
St Louis
Marner
Liljegren

To
Toronto
Parayko
Buchnevich

Kings get a gritty winger and a young LW with good upside plus a 3rd for Roy. Leafs get a top 4 RHD.

Blues get younger with a superstar winger and a young # 5 RHD. Leafs get a top line two way winger and a solid number 2 RHD.

I am a big Marner fan for a non-leafs fan. I think he is a tremendous player. That said, no thank you from the Blues. Our weakness is defense. Aside fro Dvorsky and Lindstein, our best prospects/young players all project as wings. We'd be dealing our only D who can play tough defensive minutes for a forward. Plus, I just don't think you should break your cap structure for a wing. For a elite 1C or 1D, ok. But not for a wing. $11M for a wing just destroys our cap structure and ability to improve elsewhere.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Marner is great, But, the Blues should not be trading Parayko, our only defenseman who can play defense, when 90% of our issues are centered around the fact our defenseman can't play defense.

I also don't think the Blues would be able to hold onto Marner in the long term with his projected contract.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I've seen people say bert@50 is worth a 3rd, lets say robertson as a tweener currently has that value too

so it' 3 3rds for Roy, that would get beat by alot of teams

i'd love to grab paryako, and buchnevich could replace some of the offence marner brings, if we could bring him back at 8ish then the both of them would be locked up at around 13, which is slightly more than paying marner what he will want

but it doesn't seem like blues fans would want that which is fair, I wouldn't add anything to our package though so it doesn't seem like we are a great fit here

Reactions: qqaz

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I don’t see the Kings anywhere near accepting this deal. Actually, I don’t see why the Kings are included in this at all.

Reactions: go4hockey

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Bertuzzi hasn't been great with the Leafs but with the Kings I think he fits like a glove and would return to form. Robertson has actually been good but the coach just won't play him properly.
Why? Explain why he'd return to form with them?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To
Kings
Bertuzzi
Robertson
2024 3rd

To
Toronto
Roy

To
St Louis
Marner
Liljegren

To
Toronto
Parayko
Buchnevich

That offer is terrible for Roy. They can get a 1st+ for Roy. Bettuzzi does nothing and Robertson is a dime a dozen small bottom 6 forward.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Just like Dubois was potentially going to fit like a glove in LA. We’ve been burned with that before.

If you want Roy it starts with a first.

Reactions: TS Quint

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I'm going to be a lot less polite than my fellow Blues fans and suggest that you punish yourself for this proposed Leafs/Blues deal by choosing standard shipping on your next Amazon purchase. As you wait impatiently for your order to arrive remember that you brought this on yourself and while that shame you feel will go away now you'll know......and knowing is half the battle.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
The value on the St Louis deal would only make sense if Marner signs an extension but that is highly unlikely

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I'm going to be a lot less polite than my fellow Blues fans and suggest that you punish yourself for this proposed Leafs/Blues deal by choosing standard shipping on your next Amazon purchase. As you wait impatiently for your order to arrive remember that you brought this on yourself and while that shame you feel will go away now you'll know......and knowing is half the battle.
I have prime and feel no shame so that's 0 for 2 lol. I do however appreciate the creativity it was funny.

LA gets younger? Blake doesn't just hang up, he sends a hitman.
It's 2023, I'd prefer a hit woman if possible.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Don't see King's trading Roy going into the playoffs. If they continue the slump, picks maybe better. 😂

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That offer is terrible for Roy. They can get a 1st+ for Roy. Bettuzzi does nothing and Robertson is a dime a dozen small bottom 6 forward.
Robertson isnt a dime a dozen bottom 6 forward

He is a top 6 forward on any team that doesnt have an idiot for a coach

He is pacing for 21 goals despite below 11 mins a game usage with 4th liners by our genius coach Keefe

Robertson isnt a thrown in piece. Ideally we see Keefe fired this year ajd Robertson can get a better chance with a coach who plays and develops his young players

Sandin, Lilijgren, Dermott, Robertson and Knies to an extent have all under performed with Keefe.

I would fire the coach before dumping a guy who has been producing good offensove numbers in limited opportunity role

The offer wont get Roy I agree still. The kings would want a 1st +

Robertson I see as a Trevor Moore level player if we can use him right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad