Proposal: Leafs-Jackets

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Kerfoot is somewhat interesting. Johnsson doesn't add much we don't already have, tho, Bracco is a "this is where I stopped reading" name because of how often he's shoehorned in as ostensible "value" in so many proposals, and we only take on Ceci if you are paying us for it.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Can't see the jackets doing this. My guess is if your after savard, they will counter with Nylander.
Dont think theres a fit between either team.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Nylander/Johnsson/Kerfoot/Barrie/Muzzin all on the market.

What kind of offers would Columbus be interested in? You gotta take Ceci in any deal though :)

Foligno - Dubois - Nylander could make a nice line.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

What kind of offers would Columbus be interested in? You gotta take Ceci in any deal though :)

From an outsider, Nylander would be the only player there who would move the needle for me if I were primarily a CBJ fan. But I'm pretty sure they can find a deal that doesn't require Ceci.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
From an outsider, Nylander would be the only player there who would move the needle for me if I were primarily a CBJ fan. But I'm pretty sure they can find a deal that doesn't require Ceci.

He has 1 year left on his deal. I don't think it would be a deal breaker.

EDIT: Columbus is 2nd from last in EVGF, I feel like quite a few of those players would be good fits.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
He has 1 year left on his deal. I don't think it would be a deal breaker.

EDIT: Columbus is 2nd from last in EVGF, I feel like quite a few of those players would be good fits.

Fair on Ceci's contract. Regarding the edit, I would be surprised if they spent assets on more defense when offense is the problem. But I'm not trying to speak for CBJ fans here. Just bored!

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Then it's going to look lopsided in favor of Columbus, because the only interest we have in Ceci is as a cap dump which we can take custody of in exchange for other assets.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Andrew Peeke makes his NHL debut tonight. 21 years old. 2016 2nd round pick. Played at Notre Dame. Has looked good in the AHL. He is our eventual Savard replacement and why we are willing to trade Savard.

The Jackets need forwards who can score. We need a 1b/2 center which we is why we traded for Duchene last year. We need a Panarin replacement. We do not need defensemen. The Leafs have pieces we would be interested in, but they are not crappy players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad