Rumor: Leafs interested in Debrusk.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ah...hes UFA

But how does he fit the Habs and how do the Habs fit what he wants?

At his age, he probably wants a big payday and someone might like his PO production the last few POs. He might also be looking at a Cup and the Habs are not that attractive yet in that regards.

I think the last guy in the top6 will either be a big name or a younger guys to grow up with the rest of the U25 top6 guys. And if he's not for our top6, we already have Anderson and Gallagher in the bottom 6 taking their share of money long term.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
to me he seems like a LA kings sort of player. Maybe on a line with Danault. I don’t even watch the kings anymore tho

Don’t want this guy anywheres near the leafs

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wasn’t deBrusk considered a cap dump a year or two ago? Is the club that signs him to a big contract going to regret that choice?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wasn’t deBrusk considered a cap dump a year or two ago? Is the club that signs him to a big contract going to regret that choice?

I assume it was that year where he had 14 points in 41 games.

Last two years, he had 17 points in 20 playoffs games. A team will pay for that.

Will they regret it? Possibly, like most UFA signing.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Would it take something like a 7x7 to get him?
More?
Less?
Depends how desperate teams get. I'd love him back here, but if $7m is in play, congratulations to him and he'd be stupid to stay.

His inconsistency is baffling. Goes 20+ games without a point, then goes 5 games convincing you he's elite. He's been put in very good situations here with great players - don't think a change of scenery would change anything.

He is what he is, a great support player, 40-50 points, 20-25 goals, kills penalties, still young. You'll be ready to ship him off for a half-eaten sandwich, he'll make you forget, rinse and repeat. He'll at least be productive, something many other FAs likely will not be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad