GDT: Leafs @ Hurricanes 7PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Something resembling team defense would be a good start.

Remember when people said if Price wasn't on the Canadiens weren't going to win.

We should not be saying the same thing about the Leafs.

It feels like were being out competed allover the ice.

Watch what happens when we skate the puck through the neutral zone vs when the opposition does. Watch the dogged forechecking and backchecking of the other teams vs our boys. We look very casual on defence, and they push so that we look rushed and frantic on offence.

I think there is a "compete" issue right now, but these are pro athletes so I don't know how to measure that or explain it. We're losing all the 1 on 1 battles it feels like.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Even though he hasn't show it in a while, Brown has a bullet wrister.

Maybe Tavares and Marner can have him play at his 20 goal/season form.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I think after two questionable games the real Leafs show up tonight and beat the Canes pretty easily.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Why wouldn't he start?

Well I was at that Detroit game as I’m sitting down 30 mins before the game I found out Sparks is starting and literally yelled F***. Honestly would not have baught the tickets had I known before hand he was starting. Not a back to back either or anything so now I always kind of ask lol.

Also Andersen was not great in last outing just looking for an official confirmation

Reactions: ACC1224

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It feels like were being out competed allover the ice.

Watch what happens when we skate the puck through the neutral zone vs when the opposition does. Watch the dogged forechecking and backchecking of the other teams vs our boys. We look very casual on defence, and they push so that we look rushed and frantic on offence.

I think there is a "compete" issue right now, but these are pro athletes so I don't know how to measure that or explain it. We're losing all the 1 on 1 battles it feels like.
We’ve been perimeter and passive.
Need to be aggressive. Get in on the forecheck and not be convieniently 2 seconds late.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm expecting a real bounce back game tonight

We've got the talent to absolutely pull teams apart, I'd like to see that tonight and for us to get back on track

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
Will this also become a 'Live' thread once the game starts, or was it sort of just a test conducted on Saturday during the Bruins game?

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Looks good to me. Marleau definitely makes a lot of sense to be moving up rather than Brown. I think the whole "disrupting chemistry" thing is largely overstated.
Marleau needs to be permanently stapled to Kadris left side. It's the only center he has any shown to have production and chemistry with.

Reactions: Erdinger

Prospero

Feb 23, 2013
Buffalo

Brown is decent offensively. Tavares should go Beast Mode, in response to last game. Marner needs to keep his head up, but nice hitting last game. Them bones are sharp!

Reactions: Havoc

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
I want people to stop saying next game will be a bounce back game... Just play a good honest game, no need to try and score 10 goals. Just a good game by this team will get us a win 80% of the time. Hopefully we give up on those stupid unmarked long stretch passes for good.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015

His play has risen quickly after that 4th line demotion. Think he finally woke up a little. Is still unable to find the finish but saw some good rushes when briefly placed back on the kadri line.

Reactions: Havoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad