Rumor: Leafs hopes and dreams burst. Babcock to sign with Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Anyone that expected him to come here were fooling themselves really hard.

Swayze*

it was pretty amazing to watch Detroit's system, discipline and style of play last night.

That is a coach who knows exactly what the **** he's doing.

they are a well oiled machine

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
He took a Detroit lineup without Datsyuk and Zetterberg and got in them in the playoffs. Easily one of the best coaches in the league.

Myke

Jun 9, 2006
Toronto/Ottawa
www.myke.org
if we make the playoffs then Randy ain't going anywhere

If we do so winning games like last night and fizzle out in the first round I sure hope he isn't around next year. This team has shown it can win playing terrible hockey; Randy shouldn't be kept if that continues to happen.

Mclellan would be nice if he comes available or Maclean.

hockeyfanz*

As I said many times before, anyone that expected Babcock to be in TO next year was out to lunch.

Everybody is coming to Toronto..except when they dont. How bout Steven Stammer Stamkos....I heard he'll be her in 2016 :laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It was ludicrous to pencil him in to our organization when a) He was still under contract (to a team leading the eastern conference) and b) still employing a coach on a long term contract, with a 6 point buffer on the playoffs

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
meh whatever.
as nice was it would have been "ooh yay best current coach in the nhl, wants to be here, woo hoo." I'm fine that he wants to be in Detroit, if I'm going to be 100 percent honest, I'm glad that he's not.

I want the organization to find someone like Roy or whatever, someone who is bright, and smart, worked in junior for ages, maybe has some AHL experience, etc, and has a great scope for the game. create a program here to go with the new-blood in the organization. create our own winning program.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
meh whatever.
as nice was it would have been "ooh yay best current coach in the nhl, wants to be here, woo hoo." I'm fine that he wants to be in Detroit, if I'm going to be 100 percent honest, I'm glad that he's not.

I want the organization to find someone like Roy or whatever, someone who is bright, and smart, worked in junior for ages, maybe has some AHL experience, etc, and has a great scope for the game. create a program here to go with the new-blood in the organization. create our own winning program.

I want Paul MacLean. Although the more I think about it I believe its going to be Horachek.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I don't think it was ever going to happen. If it would have happened, it would have been done last off season. Instead, they didn't get permission. Brought Randy back and I respect the job Randy and staff have done. He's preaching the right message to a team with a young core.

I'm happy with him.

Durkin67

How many points have they taken under Carlyle in the last month?

Lets see if the current made is even broken before we look at ways to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad