Confirmed with Link: Leafs home opener October 3, 2018 against the Canadiens

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here is an idea.
why not Boston?
Why not Tampa?
do something new.
During the 2016-2017 season their home opener was Boston, when Marner scored his first NHL goal and this past season it was the Rangers that they won 8-5.

So they did try some new things and the last time they opened at home against Montreal was during the 2015-2016 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lauro

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Lmao we will get a first hand look at the “mighty” habs. 34 is due for another hat trick opener and he usually roasts price

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know this might not make a difference but the past few seasons against the Canadiens the Leafs always started playing them in Montreal, so it's nice to see the games first take place in Toronto. This past season we played them on the road in October and November. Also they didn't come here until March.

Finally and this is just a thought, is it possible Montreal was selected since it will be the first official game under the Scotiabank Arena name, since they played Montreal when the Air Canada Centre had opened.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Most memorable season openers for me don't involve Montreal or Ottawa. I remember the 6-0 beatdown on Pittsburgh in Belfour's first year, the beatdown on the Jets last year, the win against Detroit (I believe they were raising their cup banner). Give us something new IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daisy Jane

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Most memorable home openers for me don't involve Montreal or Ottawa. I remember the 6-0 beatdown on Pittsburgh in Belfour's first year, the beatdown on the Jets last year, the win against Detroit (I believe they were raising their cup banner). Give us something new IMO.
I once had a streak of going to the Leafs season opener/home opener if their first game was played in Toronto. I went from the 2003-2004 season until the 2008-2009 season. One of the games I saw live was the very shootout in NHL history against Ottawa, which sucked since they lost. That night I remember Eric Lindros scoring his first Leafs goal at the 18:29 mark of the 3rd to give the Leafs a 2-1 lead, however Ottawa scored at the 18:58 mark to tie the game.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I once had a streak of going to the Leafs season opener/home opener if their first game was played in Toronto. I went from the 2003-2004 season until the 2008-2009 season. One of the games I saw live was the very shootout in NHL history against Ottawa, which sucked since they lost. That night I remember Eric Lindros scoring his first Leafs goal at the 18:29 mark of the 3rd to give the Leafs a 2-1 lead, however Ottawa scored at the 18:58 mark to tie the game.

Oh yes I remember that first shootout in NHL history game too. I thought to myself God I hate this thing and a decade later I hate it just as much today lol.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Most memorable home openers for me don't involve Montreal or Ottawa. I remember the 6-0 beatdown on Pittsburgh in Belfour's first year, the beatdown on the Jets last year, the win against Detroit (I believe they were raising their cup banner). Give us something new IMO.

That Pens game was insane, those Sundin/Mogilny cross crease passes on the PP were insane.

I was at that Detroit home opener, Kulemin's first goal as a Leaf, Luke Schenn's first game. Good times.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Here is an idea.
why not Boston?
Why not Tampa?
do something new.

Did that last season starting in Winnipeg, which I found curious in going completely out of the conference. Agree though that there are other teams in the division that would make for a change as well.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Did that last season starting in Winnipeg, which I found curious in going completely out of the conference. Agree though that there are other teams in the division that would make for a change as well.
Plus their home openers the previous 2 seasons was against the Bruins in October 2016 and the Rangers in October 2017.

As for them starting in Winnipeg for their first game of last season, I think the NHL did that on purpose so they could get Matthews vs Laine.

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Plus their home openers the previous 2 seasons was against the Bruins in October 2016 and the Rangers in October 2017.

As for them starting in Winnipeg for their first game of last season, I think the NHL did that on purpose so they could get Matthews vs Laine.

That's a great point regarding Matthews vs Laine. Sounds very much like that was the intention.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
No better team to start off the year with IMO. They had quite the winning streak against us for a couple years so I don’t want a lost against them for a while as we are the better team now.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nice of the NHL to allow Bozak to get his return out of the way early

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad