Confirmed with Link: Leafs hire Jim Paliafito

grits207

Jun 24, 2009
Saint John, N.B.
"Director of Player Evaluations" sounds like an awfully similar job to what Mark Hunter is currently doing. Maybe a sign Hunter is getting promoted to GM?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
our new General Manager:

bill-lumbergh-office-space.jpg

"mmmmmmyeah, if you could go ahead and throw another first round pick into that offer, that'd be great."

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I do think we need to get more of a presence in the WHL/QMJHL, along with bolstering our European scouting. We need more of a presence in Sweden, Russia, Finland, Switzerland, Germany, and even Denmark is emerging as a producer of NHL talent.

Big thing is WHL and Q scouts though. I think our OHL presence is pretty big now.

The next step is likely expanding the rest of the CHL/NCAA/USHL/Euro scouts. Remember Shanahan fired 18 scouts - lots more new jobs still open

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Hey - you need analytics? Hire the guy who developed the site the NHL uses.

You need better OHL scouting? Hire 4 (and counting) of the best and brightest in the league.

I have a feeling the Q, W, and Europe are next :yo:

I still laugh at the analytics thing. We're not just going to hire you, we're buying the whole damn website lol.

Starting the use the Leafs bottomless coffers in a conducive way to winning.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
He lived the Jerry Maguire Hollywood life of an NFL agent. For some 20 years he represented players who now have their visages enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

He calls Kentucky home, has owned thoroughbreds and even had a horse run in the prestigious Kentucky Oaks.

Today, however, Jim Paliafito is just another general manager in the Ontario Hockey League.

"Now a part of Leafs Management"

Turk Broda

Jun 2, 2009
our new General Manager:

bill-lumbergh-office-space.jpg

"mmmmmmyeah, if you could go ahead and throw another first round pick into that offer, that'd be great."

:laugh: "mmmyeah, I'm also going to need you to go ahead and retain some of that salary of the player coming here. thaaaaanks".

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
So needless to say we're gonna have pretty good insight on whether we should draft Strome or Marner then eh?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I wonder if this is a precursor move that foreshadows Mark Hunter being named Leafs GM.

If you move Hunter who all believe was brought in for his talent evaluation skills at the junior level impacting the entry draft then you need a replacement for him with similar skills, which is essential for a draft rebuild plan and finding and evaluating talent.

Jim Paliafito looks to have an extensive scouting background and might be the new Mark Hunter if he is promoted.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Toronto Maple Leafs @MapleLeafs
The #Leafs have named Jim Paliafito Director of Player Evaluation. The team has also hired Lindsay Hofford as an amateur scout. #TMLtalk

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Total cross between Milton (stapler guy) and the Jump to conclusions mat guy from Office Space, who ends up getting in that major car accident. Please, someone look him up and also post a photo. Total cross...

Nice, I was thinking the exact same thing.

images
+
OfficeSpace_038Pyxurz.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad