GDT: Leafs @ Hawks - Friday 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Seems like it's been a long week since the Willie Scandinavian tour concluded.

Wonder if Timmins is back for this one? Must be getting close.
It'll be interesting which goalie gets the first game back, I'd bet on Samsonov.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
NHL keeps showing how much they care about their Canadian fans. Oh well, I will just pvr it and skip all the intermission crap and their stupid betting ads. Thanks NHL.
Why does this show they don't care? With this being a back to back, it seems like they are doing the Leafs favour.

Reactions: namttebih

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
Curious if Reaves is back in for this one, considering some of the things that went down last game against Chicago. He'll be back in at some point. Not that Perry would actually do anything other than flop all over the ice or do his tough guy act with 2 officials and 3 players between him and Reaves.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Not to look too far ahead but Pittsburgh is playing Friday and later in the evening.

Leafs need to get the 2 points against Chicago and then they have a good shot at getting all 4 this weekend.

They can't piss away points against either of these teams. Chicago isn't good. Yup they beat us earlier in the season... those games happen but don't do that twice. Pitts looks like a wildcard team.

I'd go Sammy and Woll again. Keep them both going decent hopefully.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
NHL keeps showing how much they care about their Canadian fans. Oh well, I will just pvr it and skip all the intermission crap and their stupid betting ads. Thanks NHL.
I went to watch the Wild game on Sportsnet+ Sunday afternoon, and when I opened up the app the fist thing I saw was a huge highlight package declaring Nylander's OT winner. Needless to say, I didn't watch the game and I hate sportsnet+ with a passion.

Looking forward to a Bedard show, though playing bottom of the league teams always makes me nervous. We'll see if the Leafs can keep rolling and beat the weak opponents, or if they do the classic play-down to their level.

Reactions: supermann_98

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Sounds like Timmins is returning?

Nice to see him back if he is. The defence has done an admirable job recently, but his puck movement and his skating will be important adds.
Also demoting Benoit won't give them enough cap space, so likely Klingberg is going on LTIR?

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I hope for a couple of things....

a) Timmins can find a way to stay healthy... boy is cursed.
b) Continues to produce offensively, at the rate he's shown while in the lineup previously
c) Is better than Klingberg defensively.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Sounds like Timmins is returning?

I've been excited about him ever since we got him, and in the limited time he has played for us last year and in pre-season this year, he's shown flashes of what he could be.

The sample size is just so small, not just with us, but over the past ~5 years. But given his pedigree and trajectory before his injuries hit, and on paper his size/skill-set, I'm really hoping we can see him get a good ~40+ games this season so we can really start to figure out what we have here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad