Speculation: Leafs have won 23 of last 87 games in regulation

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Sure, but we've been absurdly inconsistent and all the predictive stats still have us trending downward as the season wears on. You'd think we'd have seen this movie enough times to know how it ends.

Oh, no doubt about it. I'll enjoy tonight's win but am very well aware of the reality of this team, unlike our GM.

Kyle Doobas*

Oh, no doubt about it. I'll enjoy tonight's win but am very well aware of the reality of this team, unlike our GM.
"We just have to play the way we did against Boston. Because that's the norm for this team." :sarcasm:

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Leafs have won 9 out of their last 18 in regulation. So that means the before that the leafs had won 14 of 79 games in regulation.

Also approximately 33% of games go into overtime. So that means the average team would win 29/87 in regulation. 23 in the last 87 is still bad but when you put it into context it isnt nearly as bad as it seems.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I'm legitimately stunned.

This is a shocking statistic.

It's almost proof the team has been bad beyond doubt.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Why 87 games?

Im assuming its the arbitrary number which makes team look as terrible as possible.

Also, lets not forget that OT and shootout wins still count

I assume that its 87 games because that is how many games we have played in the last calendar year?

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Who cares. I only worry about this season. That's all anyone should be caring about as our team has changed quite a bit.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Leafs are tied for 7th in the NHL for ROW this season.

We also went from pacing 103 points, to second last in the division, to just a couple games out of the top of the conference in the span of a week.

Lots of weird number things happen this early in the season.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Breaking news folks, Leafs have missed the playoffs in 8 of 9 years because they win fewer games than the other teams...

Obvious thread is stating the obvious.

Well, now we're both padding our post counts. ;)

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm legitimately stunned.

This is a shocking statistic.

It's almost proof the team has been bad beyond doubt.

When does almost become definite? :dunno:

The core of players are the same, and, IMHO where most of the fault should be placed. :p:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad