Speculation: Leafs have won 23 of last 87 games in regulation

Kyle Doobas*

The epic collapse at the end of last season seems to have made everyone forget about that stretch of 32 games where we only won five in regulation or OT. Going back to last season, we've won 11 of our last 33 games, and the roster has been turned over by 67% since Carlyle was hired.

And then there's this:

2woc8xv.jpg

But yeah, let's trade Kadri to shake things up. He's clearly the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
"In regulation" - the easy way of making something bad seem even worse.

Just post the W/L record. A W is a W.

Why don't people post "losses in regulation" too?

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Yeah, they're awful. Carlyle has destroyed this team. I mean they were already in a bad spot before he came in but he's made everything worse.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
good god. :facepalm:

someone needs to relay this stat to leafs management. carlyle needs to go ASAP. also trade some core players out as well. tired of mediocrity.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

They do, as that is what the losses column in the standings does.

If the team loses in OT or SO its recorded as a OTL and is worth 1 point.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Wow...

My general notion of Carlyle is that i feel like i'm in a morgue every time i hear him speak.
Maybe he does know what he's doing, but if he coaches the players the way he talks to the media...
I'd be in a coma before i ever hit the ice.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

38 Regulation Loss according to my calculation.

So that's 23 W 38 L, both in regulation.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto

Shootout records fluctuate a lot between seasons. It's not indicative of how good the team is.

That is why I don't understand Nonis and Carlyle apologist. The last season was disaster from start to finish and they only remember the last 14 games or so. They think that aberrations where we beat up good teams are the norm of this team and getting blown out is just a matter of not trying hard enough.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
They do, as that is what the losses column in the standings does.

If the team loses in OT or SO its recorded as a OTL and is worth 1 point.

Yeah no shat.

I'm talking about the tweet.

It's clear that when people say "regulation wins" instead of "wins", it's to make the already bad situation even worse.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Shootout records fluctuate a lot between seasons. It's not indicative of how good the team is.

That is why I don't understand Nonis and Carlyle apologist. The last season was disaster from start to finish and they only remember the last 14 games or so. They think that aberrations where we beat up good teams are the norm of this team and getting blown out is just a matter of not trying hard enough.

I don't think those exist

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Breaking news folks, Leafs have missed the playoffs in 8 of 9 years because they win fewer games than the other teams...

Obvious thread is stating the obvious.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Why 87 games?

Im assuming its the arbitrary number which makes team look as terrible as possible.

Also, lets not forget that OT and shootout wins still count

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Depends on how you spin it.

I can just reply back by saying that all wins by Leafs this season has been in regulation or OT. In fact, they closed all but one wins in regulation this year.

Kyle Doobas*

Depends on how you spin it.

I can just reply back by saying that all wins by Leafs this season has been in regulation or OT. In fact, they closed all but one wins in regulation this year.
Sure, but we've been absurdly inconsistent and all the predictive stats still have us trending downward as the season wears on. You'd think we'd have seen this movie enough times to know how it ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad