Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed Rich Clune to an NHL contract.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I guess they've decided that the team needs to be more physical. Clune has been one of the Marlies' best forwards this season.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I didnt expect this to happen. I would have said there would now be more playing time for the young guns on the Marlies but it seems likely that Arcobello will clear waivers and play there now.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I'm fine with this for one reason; I'd rather him be with the Leafs than the Marlies. Let a young guy take his spot in the Marlies lineup. On the Leafs roster he isn't taking anyone's spot that is very important.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm fine with this for one reason; I'd rather him be with the Leafs than the Marlies. Let a young guy take his spot in the Marlies lineup. On the Leafs roster he isn't taking anyone's spot that is very important.

That's the only good side to this. He's on the Leafs instead of the Marlies.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
That's the only good side to this. He's on the Leafs instead of the Marlies.

Always made me cringe a little seeing him playing top 6 minutes for the Marlies. Won't have to worry about that now. Not like the Leafs roster really matters this year anyway. :dunno:

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Why ?

should have just given one more shot to some of our older prospects like Frattin/Carrick who probably won't get a chance after this season

Swayze*

266521_George_Clooney_Funny_Face_1_445x299_591w.jpg

Cluney :hockey:

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 59s60 seconds ago
Clune, Gauthier and Soshnikov line have combined for 13 pts in last 4 gms. Babcock talked about team need for toughness. Clune provides it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Mah Gawd! That's Lou's Music!

Seriously though, we were trending upwards in our moves, and then we sign a guy that's essentially Frazer McLaren.

Nice.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 59s60 seconds ago
Clune, Gauthier and Soshnikov line have combined for 13 pts in last 4 gms. Babcock talked about team need for toughness. Clune provides it.

Special teams in the bottom 3 of the league. Yeah, this team needs toughness all right. :laugh: I don't even think Babcock would believe that himself.

I think they just wanted a body that could play once in awhile and wasn't as bad as Arcobello in the same role.

Swayze*

maybe they were getting pushed around and intimidated out there and are trying to fix it.

I dunno

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
maybe they were getting pushed around and intimidated out there and are trying to fix it.

I dunno

I'm sure the reason we can't score or the goaltenders can't stop a beachball most nights is because they are intimidated physically. Uh huh.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
We will have to make room for Frank Corrado, he's still with the Marlies for conditioning.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We will have to make room for Frank Corrado, he's still with the Marlies for conditioning.

Who is next out the door when healthy?

Forwards (14)
Bozak,Kadri,Spaling,Holland,Froese,JVR,Matthias,Winnik,Clune,Grabner,Komarov,Lupul,Boyes,Parenteau

D (9)
Gardiner,Phaneuf,Harrington,Rielly,Marincin,Hunwick,Polak,Corrado,Robidas(LTIR)

Goalies
Bernier,Reimer

That's 25 players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad