Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed Mitch Marner to a three-year entry-level contract.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
"The Toronto Maple Leafs downloaded the top 5 NHL entry level contract template, filled in Marner's name, filled in their name, emailed it to Marner's agent who changed a couple of minor things to look like he did something, emailed it back to Pridham who printed it out, got it signed, filed it with the league and waited until today to announce it."

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
So, does this affect the team he will be playing for in 2015 (e.g. the Knights vs the Marlies)?

Basically it opens up the option for him to play for the Leafs. He's playing for the Knights or Leafs. The AHL isn't an option for a player from the CHL. I think they have to be 20 or something

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
because negotiations began before he was hired, I understand he made an exception. Be interesting to see if it continues.

One note on Marner contract: he gets the "A" bonuses. Lou Lamoriello historically does not believe in them (see Adam Larsson), but.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
because negotiations began before he was hired, I understand he made an exception. Be interesting to see if it continues.

One note on Marner contract: he gets the "A" bonuses. Lou Lamoriello historically does not believe in them (see Adam Larsson), but.

I wonder what his bonus structure is. nylander's isn't that crazy iirc, less than mil potential.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I can't wait for a Marner/Nylander combo

Same. Providing they progress as expected and don't get any major injuries, they're going to be a super-skilled duo.
I'm likely in the minority here, but I don't think Marner (loved the pick) has usurped Willy as top prospect. That's not a knock on Mitch but a testament on how nicely Willy has progress/beefed up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad