Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed forward Jeremy Bracco to an ELC

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
I've been watching Bracco for a few years now, and his skill is undeniable, but I don't see him making a big impact in the NHL. He may make the show, but we certainly aren't talking about a Marner / Gaudreau lite. His hockey IQ isn't close to NHL level.

I hope he keeps developing though and proves me wrong. I really like Bracco, but I haven't lumped him into the group of Leafs prospects I can't wait to see in the NHL one day. I would use him as trade bait.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Haven't seen him play since last year, wasn't very impressive then.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Haven't seen him play since last year, wasn't very impressive then.

Seen a couple of games since, only real complaint is the over passing of the puck. Had the same issues with Timashov. So we'll need to beat that into him.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Cool another project out of site, out of mind. If he develops awesome, if not then who cares - looking forward more to Dzierkals

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Good news!

He's going to be an NHLer. I have no doubt. He has the heart, determination and drive to learn what he needs to learn. Watch.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
ive seen or heard 0 about bracco not signing with us. Some posters here think he will never play for the leafs (me included) but nobody was thinking he wasn't going to sign with us

It was definitely there, don't think there were any articles from major networks but posters have been speculating on the boards that there was a chance he wasn't going to sign. The 1st few posts of this thread are kind of an indication.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Good news!

He's going to be an NHLer. I have no doubt. He has the heart, determination and drive to learn what he needs to learn. Watch.

Not that I necessarily disagree since I can't say I'm an expert on the matter, but where does the heart, determination and drive stuff come from?

It was definitely there, don't think there were any articles from major networks but posters have been speculating on the boards that there was a chance he wasn't going to sign. The 1st few posts of this thread are kind of an indication.

I believe it was more along the lines of the Leafs choosing not to sign him than Bracco not choosing to sign with us.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Good news!

And your knowing he has all these things comes from a history of progression in the areas he's lacking? That certainly can't be the case. His issues that hold him back have been apparent for years, and have yet to be fixed.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I've been watching Bracco for a few years now, and his skill is undeniable, but I don't see him making a big impact in the NHL. He may make the show, but we certainly aren't talking about a Marner / Gaudreau lite. His hockey IQ isn't close to NHL level.

I hope he keeps developing though and proves me wrong. I really like Bracco, but I haven't lumped him into the group of Leafs prospects I can't wait to see in the NHL one day. I would use him as trade bait.

His hockey IQ is most definitely NHL level. It's his compete level on the other side that needs MAJOR work.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I kinda like Timashov's skillset more than Bracco's. He's like a poor man's Nylander.

I do as well, but good to see Bracco signed regardless.

Who's left with an ELC? Brooks is prob. going to be inked soon... Desrochers? Toninato?

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
Hope he plays well for the Marlies & finds a spot on the roster.If not he will have excellent trade value if he is moved.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
And your knowing he has all these things comes from a history of progression in the areas he's lacking? That certainly can't be the case. His issues that hold him back have been apparent for years, and have yet to be fixed.

Defensive issues will be addressed in the AHL.

Not that I necessarily disagree since I can't say I'm an expert on the matter, but where does the heart, determination and drive stuff come from?

Mostly from reading articles about him. He eats and breathes hockey......watches other teams play on TV every night. Kind of like Mitch (not making a direct comparison.....Mitch is something else).

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Hope he plays well for the Marlies & finds a spot on the roster.If not he will have excellent trade value if he is moved.

If he doesn't play well with the Marlies, his trade value will drop significantly.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Don't wanna be that guy but I was very excited when we drafted him. I see all different types of potential players he can be. To me he sort of reminds me of PA Parentau but with Kessel level defence, effort and care for conditioning

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Mostly from reading articles about him. He eats and breathes hockey......watches other teams play on TV every night. Kind of like Mitch (not making a direct comparison.....Mitch is something else).

In that case I eat and breathe hockey as well.

So no personal viewings are propping up this assertion?

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Alright, we'll see what happens with him. I'm not very high on him at this point, despite his undeniable skillset. There are still a lot of holes in his game. I expect he'll need at least 2-3 years with the Marlies before getting a sniff of the NHL

100% in your boat , watched him play live , Very underwhelming I watched him a greyhound game.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
In that case I eat and breathe hockey as well.

So no personal viewings are propping up this assertion?

I've seen him play. Many times. I'd rather rely on articles detailing his history by those who coached or trained him than speculations over his character based on what I perceive is lacking.

I also think his offensive development is fine. His defensive skills will be addressed next year. If no progress is made in the AHL then let the "we could have had Konecny" bonanza begin. I will humbly step aside and let the e-fury unfold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad