GDT: Leafs @ Habs | 7:00pm | CBC | Saturday Night's Alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle Doobas*

Tell me then, which season did Clarkson play on a line with Kovalchuk?
IIRC, in 2011-12, he racked up quite a few of his points on the powerplay with Kovalchuk, Elias and Parise. At even strength, the only 'grinders' with whom he played any significant amount of time were Ponikarovsky and Carter (not together), and he played most often on a line with Sykora and Elias.

In 2012-13, he played primarily with either Elias and Zajac, or Elias and Henrique, as well as playing on the powerplay primarily with Elias, Kovalchuk and Zajac. None of them other than Henrique had the 'worst season of their career'.

He's had success playing with other grinders in the past, but he's been most successful playing as a 'glue' guy with players more skilled than him, and getting top PP minutes as a net-front presence.

Are we done now? Go ask Devils fans who they think he played best with during his tenure there. If a majority of them tell you Tim Sestito and Rodney Pelley, I'll concede your point. Until then, don't use Kadri and Lupul as evidence that he 'doesn't play as well with skilled players', especially when either Kadri or Lupul have been a factor in 50% of his points this season, with Raymond - probably the least capable 'grinder' on the team - being a factor in 30% of the remaining 50%.

Last edited by a moderator:

horner

May 22, 2007
Boring Boring Boring

Lupul is not the player I thought he was

Kadri go to the 4th line learn how to show up you little ****

They should be very good with Clarkson playing a cycle game

I throw my hands up

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
That's a good thing as a road team really, especially after that god awful defensive hockey first period.

We played a tight 2nd period, pretty much the complete opposite of the first, so if this can stay a one goal game for now while we keep getting chances, I'm fine with that.

No need to give the Habs a better lead with so much time left.

True. That was a really good period defensively. The 1st and 2nd lines had some good cycle game going on in the latter end as well. Kulemin is a much better fit on the 2nd line than Clarkson

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Boring Boring Boring

I throw my hands up

wow... just wow

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Boring Boring Boring

I throw my hands up

Interesting

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Boring Boring Boring

I throw my hands up

Lol @ picking the only three forwards playing well tonight. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad