Leafs GM Dave Nonis survives MLSE purge and looks forward

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Absolutely, we went from team USA to team Canada. I can't remember the last time we had this many Canadians on the team, probably the 70's. I bet we'd have to go back to the 60's to find this many players from the GTA.

And yet this team had its best years of the new millenium being led by a Swede and a Russian hahaha.

Seriously does anyone actually care about this? I'd take Backstrom in a heartbeat over Bozak.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
And yet this team had its best years of the new millenium being led by a Swede and a Russian hahaha.

Seriously does anyone actually care about this? I'd take Backstrom in a heartbeat over Bozak.

And I'd take Stamkos over Backstrom in a heartbeat. ...

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You're right about this, but it's not something to be proud of. Nonis is a *****. He shys away from the big moves and instead goes for little moves that he hopes to pay off. This is exemplified by the fact that he thinks Tyler Bozak will be a 1C for 5 years.

Or an exceptable number 2 in years 3 to 5, if not sooner. 4.2 for a pretty good 2nd line center will seem pretty reasonable when the cap is over 70 million

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad