Leafs forwards for this season outscored last years group.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Usually third line centers on good teams are good defensively though.

He could add enough scoring and faceoff ability but i understand what you mean. Ideally his work ethic improves under this management groups insistence.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
I know right. With this fact up there and now that we have babcock, lemaire and lou lamouriello working for us.... damn there's no stopping us anymore. We are the most dangerous group in the world now. Leafs with attitude. And money and talent of course. We're richer than anybody really, that's why we get the best men now.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Well...obviously you can't figure things out this way, and I think that there may even be a tongue in cheek element in this conversation.

However, I don't think it's the goal scoring that will be the notable difference sans Kessel. I think it's the playmaking, focus of the offence aspect that'll be slightly missed and will be a bit tough to replace. If Kadri is the likely replacement as the offensive catalyst, we know he doesn't have Phil's offensive abilities yet (just talking offence, we know he has better D). So how is JVR affected? We're not sure. What happens with Bozak if he remains on this team? Who the heck knows. How many more goals will a Parenteau, Lupul or Glencross score (than their previous season's totals) getting a lot more time on a first or second line with pp time? It's all wild speculation at this point.

I think with all of the changing variables, in the end, we score just as many goals. But who the heck knows?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Something's gotta give!

JVR(27) Bozak(23) Boyes(14)
Lupul(10) Kadri(18) Grabner(8)
Holland(11) Matthias(18) Winnik(9)
Glencross(13) Spaling(9) Parenteau(8)
Arcobello(17) Komarov(8) Panik(11)
204 Goals

Nylander, Marner, Brown, Kapanen, Carrik, Setoguchi

Which forwards aren't making the team?