OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You're excessive spamming of the article makes me not wanting to read it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I haven't watched the second season yet, but the first was amazing. Aziz's dad is even more hilarious than him. "Whats up, maaayn." :laugh:

The second is even better than the first, they're breaking new ground over there. And yes, the dad character is absolutely hilarious. :laugh:

Big fan of it, including this season. The humour seems so natural and unforced

Yes!

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Headed for the Highland Links golf course on beautiful Cape Breton Island in a few weeks for a golf tournament I've been going to for 28 years, can't wait, the course is stunning.

http://kelticlodge.ca/golf/

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Anyone get nailed by the wanna cry ransom bug? I work for a provincial health care organization and they are scrambling to get everything updated/protected.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Anyone get nailed by the wanna cry ransom bug? I work for a provincial health care organization and they are scrambling to get everything updated/protected.

I work for a big private real estate/transportation company with 25 locations across the country, we had a few offices scramble to find patches but as long as you were using something newer than windows XP apparently the patches were already in place

I'm connected to a lot of other businesses, haven't heard of anyone actually picking up the bug yet

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
so you guys got me hooked on Master of None, watched both seasons in the past 24 hours lol. Ramesh is the best character by far, its great his actual dad is so good in the role.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Still HF.

Forgot to maximize your POF window.

This is why I only use POF, OKC, and Match.com on my phone (I also use Tinder, Bumble, CMb, and Happn but they are mobile only, so... yeah). It feels so damn weird to be doing that on a desktop. If I had a Mac, I'd probably never iMessage from my desktop either. Same with Facebook, Twitter, and especially Instagram, although I use those very sparingly.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Recently discovered some pretty good tv shows while looking around for things to watch. The first one is called Designated Survivor. Basically it's about when the U.S has it's state of the union address, they send someone to another location in case the government is wiped out so that they have someone to become president. You can guess what happens. kiefer sutherland is the lead actor and the show feels like it's 75% 24, and 25% house of cards although I prefer this show a lot more. There's more action and the pace of the show feels a lot like 24. While the show is about politics, I don't think anyone really needs to like politics to enjoy it. It WILL take you an episode or two to stop thinking you're watching Jack Bauer though lol.

The second show that I started watching is called American God. There's only 4 episodes out right now with more coming every week but it's very hard to explain. It's based off a book that came out in 2001 and like I said, it's hard to explain what it's about since the show purposefully leaves a lot of things vague in the beginning but I'll post the trailer so you can decide for yourself if it's something you'd get into. It's a very unique tv show.

American Gods-
Designated Survivor-

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Oh that reminds me that House of Cards is back next week. Thanks!

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Oh that reminds me that House of Cards is back next week. Thanks!

Haha np. I watched house of cards pretty religiously for the first few seasons but for some reason the last season didn't seem to stick with me. I watched an episode or two and that was it. Not sure if it's something with the show that changed or something with my personal taste. I'll probably try and watch a few episodes from the last season that I missed to see if I can get back into it. Was one of my favorite shows in the first few seasons. Something about breaking the 4th wall really clicked with me. It helped because i"m not all that well versed in American politics so the narration helped me understand a bit what was going on.

I really recommend you check out Designated Survivor though when you get the chance.

I know you aren't supposed to post links to NHL games that aren't streamed from the official source but does the same rule apply to tv shows?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Haha np. I watched house of cards pretty religiously for the first few seasons but for some reason the last season didn't seem to stick with me. I watched an episode or two and that was it. Not sure if it's something with the show that changed or something with my personal taste. I'll probably try and watch a few episodes from the last season that I missed to see if I can get back into it. Was one of my favorite shows in the first few seasons. Something about breaking the 4th wall really clicked with me. It helped because i"m not all that well versed in American politics so the narration helped me understand a bit what was going on.

I really recommend you check out Designated Survivor though when you get the chance.

I know you aren't supposed to post links to NHL games that aren't streamed from the official source but does the same rule apply to tv shows?

Yes. No links that are considered illegal streams.

If you haven't seen season 4 all the way through of House of Cards, I definitely do recommend it.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Any big weekend plans, folks?

I've got the smoker out and ready, and I'm spending the end of my work night prepping the menu and mapping out drinks.

Sunday we'll be at the Memorial Cup final.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Yahoo! Dynasty league

looking for 3 people to join a dynasty league. I've been participating in fantasy for 9 years, and need new competition
8 F
5 D
3 G
4 Bench

PM for details

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Any big weekend plans, folks?

I've got the smoker out and ready, and I'm spending the end of my work night prepping the menu and mapping out drinks.

Sunday we'll be at the Memorial Cup final.

Get possession of the house tomorrow so I'm gonna be painting a couple rooms before I move all my things in. Other than that probably some spiced rum, beers, and our local rippers.

My dad keeps bothering me to get a smoker, I've heard good things about them but I can't justify spending 500 or whatever bucks on the same thing my BBQ can do (albeit not as good). You liking yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad