Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What lineup changes can we expect?

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
If there is one thing Calgary is it's hardworking. They have played the full 60 a really big portion of their games this year. Expecting us to get out worked but hoping we show a pulse and respond.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
My expectation is another loss, and it could be another ugly loss.

Deadline tomorrow, right?

Leafs probably don't have 9 defencemen after tomorrow.

As I said yesterday, Schenn was recently Hughes babysitter, and Rielly needs one.

Rielly - Schenn

Brodie was Giordano's partner when he won the Norris. Neither of them are in their prime

Giordano - Brodie

So that leaves: McCabe, Gustafsson, Holl, Liljegren, Timmins to make up the last pairing. McCabe plays both LD/RD. McCabe will be a fixture next year. And unless he's slated to be moved Gustafsson will be used this year. Liljegren can have the day off.

Gustafsson - McCabe

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
If there is one thing Calgary is it's hardworking. They have played the full 60 a really big portion of their games this year. Expecting us to get out worked but hoping we show a pulse and respond.
Normally I am never worried about a game but Calgary has been playing really well and still coming out on the wrong side.

They are due to break out and are 100% playing for their playoff lives right now.

Leafs had better be ready

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Their fans are brutal though. They trolled really hard after the game. Had to add a few to ignore.

Be nice to kill them when we play them again next week.

One would hope next week there is a team called the Leafs, rather than a collection of players wearing the Leafs sweater.

They have a month to create a team built for the playoffs.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's hard to feel optimistic after they looked so awful yesterday, but this Leafs team always bounced back well from a bad game. The team acquired so many "character" and physical players that there's really no excuse for a team to sleep walk like that.

Reactions: Rocker13 and Kurtz

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Team doesn’t play great on back to backs and Calgary is a physically punishing team. Curious to see the response here

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Their fans are brutal though. They trolled really hard after the game. Had to add a few to ignore.

This post is so soft that I want to sign it to a 5 x $12 contract and slot it in our first line LW.

1617744403466.gif

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
The fallout from Dubas' generously giving the team a day to take in the Springsteen show should have been expected:

It's clear the carrot approach does not work with this group, maybe, just maybe Keefe/Dubas should try the stick once in awhile?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'll be honest, I was watching on delay and once we got down I watched on FFWD until I caught up (after 1st commercial in 3rd).

Based on the post game pod from David Alter, that was one of the worst efforts of the season. Crazy that this team, as a unit, with lots of new guys can continue to bring those performances out of the closet. Speaks volumes about the core and the tone they are setting.

As always, it's a blip if they come out like gangbusters tonight.

I guess they key is to have an above .500 road trip while building chemistry with the new teammates...

Reactions: supermann_98

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Be nice to kill them when we play them again next week.
Really hope the Leafs have revenge on their mind and are ready to smash them

Reactions: Burnie97

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It's hard to feel optimistic after they looked so awful yesterday, but this Leafs team always bounced back well from a bad game. The team acquired so many "character" and physical players that there's really no excuse for a team to sleep walk like that.

My worry with this team is always the same it seems. Sometimes they get star struck.
McDavid we all know was going to be McDavid. But nobody internally said, you know, his streak ends here today.

I have seen Marchand said many times about other teams. Just steps up and takes it upon itself

Matthews should be that guy. Skill per skill, he can too dominate games. But doesn't want to

Anyways, it's one game. One bad game. New players, it takes time to gel sometimes
Lets move forward and sink Calgary

Reactions: horner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad