Confirmed with Link: Leafs fire goaltending coach Steve Briere

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
To be fair he did turn Jack Campbell from a throw in , to the starting goalie. I don't think Jack did that all on his own.
He was the target of the trade, don't think Clifford was the big prize in that trade.

He was a high end backup worst-case scenario

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
How long has Steve been with the Leafs? The Leafs need to focus on developing goalies as that seems to be an issue. Last developed goalie was Reimer who was just okay.

Jury still out on the current guys.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Glad to see they are do an analysis of the department, barring just bad luck there is no reason for the Leafs to have the current state in Goalies with all their resources!

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
No idea who replaces him, but it’s one of those moves most people would have guessed was coming.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Definitely one of the easier moves to make regarding the position, but I couldn't say I argue with this taking place at all. Wonder what the future holds in terms of both Briere's replacement and the goalies he will ultimately have to work with?

Last edited:

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
To be fair he did turn Jack Campbell from a throw in , to the starting goalie. I don't think Jack did that all on his own.
That was Dusty Imoo, who was the goalie coach of the Los Angeles Kings at the time. The Leafs considered hiring him before they hired Briere, but uh... Let's just say he has some controversial opinions on events and leave it at that, and the Leafs decided they didn't want to have to explain why they're hiring a raging transphobic jerk as their goalie coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad