OT: Leafs fans and your relationship with the Bruins

lovecat

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto,ON
will never hope for Montreal to win.
Would they ever cheer for us to advance? NO
Op i think you are making stuff up with any hab fan rooting for the leafs.
as much as the rivalry is dead, I remember last year the majority on their board were rooting for Boston to advance over us.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
The simple answer for how I feel about Boston, particularly in regards to game 7 last year is that I do not hate them for coming back and winning that game. I hate the Leafs for collapsing and giving that game away. Why would I hate Boston for doing what any team would have done in their position? We were the ones that completely imploded on ourselves.

Moving past that, this series becomes no different than any other. We cheer against the Montreal Canadiens as always. :)

Kyle Doobas*

The simple answer for how I feel about Boston, particularly in regards to game 7 last year is that I do not hate them for coming back and winning that game. I hate the Leafs for collapsing and giving that game away. Why would I hate Boston for doing what any team would have done in their position? We were the ones that completely imploded on ourselves.
That's how I feel about it. So they outplayed us and made a couple of good trades. Don't hate them because they're beautiful.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
That's how I feel about it. So they outplayed us and made a couple of good trades. Don't hate them because they're beautiful.

That's not why I hate them. I'd never hate a team simply because they dominate mine. That's like hating a dude because he's smarter than you or always gets the girl you have a crush on. Not his fault he's winning. You have to respect their GM's ability to fleece your inept front office, and their players for getting in the heads and p***yfying your players.

That being said, my distaste for the Bruins derives from their fanbase and its collective actions. Any group of people who freely use the N word because a person of colour scores an overtime goal against them (twice), so much so that the slur is then trending on twitter in their city (twice), can go **** themselves. I can't support those people winning a thing.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
So... Habs or Rags?

I think they are both very similar teams.

Both rely heavily on solid goaltending and both compete hard and play a solid team game.

I think the depth on defence will favour the Rangers, even though the Habs have the best defenceman in the series.

On the other hand, the top line of Max, Vanek & Desharnais are better than New York's top line.

I would prefer to see the Rangers take it in 6, but I think the Habs take it in 6.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I hate the Boston Bruins with every fibre of my being, and as much as it pains me to say this, I was rooting hard for Montreal. And I hate the Habs. That alone shows how much I detest the B's. I cannot think of a team with a greater number of completely despicable players on their roster:

Chara - wreckless ogre
Lucic - big, dumb oaf who picks his spots
Marchand - cowardly rat (both in looks and playing style)
Thornton - menacing numbskull with zero hockey talent
Boychuk - hits cross the line way too often
Campbell - "I'm telling my daddy on you!"

But most of all, I HATE their owner, Jeremy Jacobs. That clueless old ******* tried to ruin hockey last year. I hope his franchise dwells in the basement of the Eastern Conference for the next two decades while simultaneously losing the draft lottery year after year as well.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
I hate the Boston Bruins with every fibre of my being, and as much as it pains me to say this, I was rooting hard for Montreal. And I hate the Habs. That alone shows how much I detest the B's. I cannot think of a team with a greater number of completely despicable players on their roster:

Chara - wreckless ogre

But most of all, I HATE their owner, Jeremy Jacobs. That clueless old ******* tried to ruin hockey last year. I hope his franchise dwells in the basement of the Eastern Conference for the next two decades while simultaneously losing the draft lottery year after year as well.

Dude you nailed it for me times 100.

Despise that cheapshot/disrespectful/classless Boston team so much - I was elated when I found out the Habs won. And that whole Lucic thing during the handshake line just re-enforced my opinion that team are classless losers.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
I have many friends who are Bruins fans. The biggest thing I hate is that they are constantly amazing and fans can ALWAYS back it up/insult on my Leafs. I thought we could have our laugh finally with a game 7 win last year, but clearly that wasn't the case...

As for the Habs, I actually don't mind the actual team. I think they're fun to watch and, being from Quebec ancestry, I love their culture and the pride of the CH out that way. However, every Leaf fan has that DICK of a friend who's a Habs fan. And I want nothing but to see them lose.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
I respect the bruins, Chara and the rest of the team were nothing but respectful during the handshake line. Also extremely jealous of the depth the team has.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
I respect the bruins, Chara and the rest of the team were nothing but respectful during the handshake line. Also extremely jealous of the depth the team has.

- Dale Weise and Alexei Emelin were quoted as saying after Game Seven.

Last edited:

ITM

Jan 26, 2012
Dude you nailed it for me times 100.

Despise that cheapshot/disrespectful/classless Boston team so much - I was elated when I found out the Habs won. And that whole Lucic thing during the handshake line just re-enforced my opinion that team are classless losers.

Ditto.

ITM

Jan 26, 2012

Chara - wreckless ogre

Absolutely. I cannot wait until playing us in the Toronto Dominion Garden means precisely, Toronto's Dominion.

All that said: Go Rags Go - Win it for Marty.

hockeyfanz*

Chara - wreckless ogre

Hahahaha...

I hate Montreal way more. Probably an age thing. I actually admire the Bruins and the players you listed are better than anything the Leafs have at their respective positions. Ill take the B's wreckless ogre over the Leafs (Phaneuf) anyday.
Ill take the B's big dumb oaf over the Leafs' (Orr) any day. Ill take the B's cowardly rat over the Leafs' (pick one of many cowardly rats on the roster) anyday Ill take the B's menacing numbskull with zero hockey talent over the Leafs (McClaren, useless pos) any day. Boychuk? Ill take him over Franson/Gunnarsson/Ranger/Gleason anyday. Ill take Campbell over any bottom 6 player the Leafs have too...

You are just a bitter jealous and angry Leafs fan still reeling over game 7 last year. Shame on you for rooting for the Habs. Like a Yankee fan rooting for the Red Sox. Sick. Not saying you should like Boston but at the very least you should hate Montreal no less.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Hahahaha...

I hate Montreal way more. Probably an age thing. I actually admire the Bruins and the players you listed are better than anything the Leafs have at their respective positions. Ill take the B's wreckless ogre over the Leafs (Phaneuf) anyday.
Ill take the B's big dumb oaf over the Leafs' (Orr) any day. Ill take the B's cowardly rat over the Leafs' (pick one of many cowardly rats on the roster) anyday Ill take the B's menacing numbskull with zero hockey talent over the Leafs (McClaren, useless pos) any day. Boychuk? Ill take him over Franson/Gunnarsson/Ranger/Gleason anyday. Ill take Campbell over any bottom 6 player the Leafs have too...

You are just a bitter jealous and angry Leafs fan still reeling over game 7 last year. Shame on you for rooting for the Habs. Like a Yankee fan rooting for the Red Sox. Sick. Not saying you should like Boston but at the very least you should hate Montreal no less.

Ok, just to make things perfectly clear, I was not commenting on the skill of the players that I mentioned (aside from Thornton, who is useless). I was making comments on how despicable I found them. Nothing else.

And excuse me? Who the hell are you to judge me? I'm bitter and jealous? No, I disliked the Bruins long before last season, because of the players on their team, their ownership, and their fanbase. If anything, I blame the Leafs for letting the collapse happen, not Boston. And I already said I hate Montreal, I just hate Boston even more. Stop pretending that you know anything about how I think. You don't. Shame on you for telling me how I should feel. Sick. Shut up and go preach to somebody else.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Also I find it incredibly stupid that as a Leafs fan I have to automatically hate the Habs. Don't get me wrong I don't like them, but hate? We havent had a meaningful series against the Habs in the last 20+ years of me being a fan of the Leafs.

Rivalries and hate are created in the playoffs, regular season is rather meaningless. Till then it will be hard for me to generate the hate and vitriol that you old timers have.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Also I find it incredibly stupid that as a Leafs fan I have to automatically hate the Habs. Don't get me wrong I don't like them, but hate? We havent had a meaningful series against the Habs in the last 20+ years of me being a fan of the Leafs.

Rivalries and hate are created in the playoffs, regular season is rather meaningless. Till then it will be hard for me to generate the hate and vitriol that you old timers have.

I guess I'm incredibly stupid for hating our 100 year old French Canadian rival. Darnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad