Post-Game Talk: Leafs Eliminated.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Still kind of puts a hole in your idea of Dubas being the inexperienced dope bringing in a loser to teach the core 4 their "loser ways".

I'm guessing there's a lot of these slight errors in your opinions over the years which makes your all-knowing prophecy of Dubas' failures look less impressive. But don't let me get in the way of that, continue on.
Not really. 90% of it is still on Dubas & Keefe

You can go ahead and guess. Obviously I didn't predict this all word for word, but I'm more right than you or anyone else in the Dubas Fan Club would care to admit. Especially for how hostile I was treated for pointing out the issues with Dubas as a GM, the core 4, the goaltending, playoff failures, Schenn's role, etc.

I said Dubas was a fraud from day 1. My fellow posters on the other former forum leafsconnected can back me up on that too

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Not to nitpick, but while I agree with the decision to play Woll ahead of Murray as a 50/50 decision, you could argue that from a process POV they threw the book out the window and we're just run by a couple of cowboys.

I'm not a Matt Murray fan, never understood why he was acquired in the first place. But if the notion was he would be our veteran playoff goalie wild card, why exactly was Woll the backup when Sammy was hurt? If the organization saw something worth acquiring in Murray, would they not have had the faith to have him on standby for this exact scenario? You have a $4.7 million contingency you went out and got, and didn't have the confidence in process to let him into the series. That just shows me anxious, back and forth thinking that's appropriate for internet chatter, but not coaching/managing a team.

I agree and think the big Matt Murray signing mistake should have consequences to management and their longevity.

You brought him in selling everyone that his past Cup experience was going to be a major factor in Leafs playoffs and then you didn't play him a single game. As we discussed all year I for one didn't buy into that nonsense to validate a very poor trade from the start.

However as you pointed out not playing Murray by the coach or demanded by the GM just shows that even with their potential jobs on line they didn't trust Murray was a the answer and turned to a rookie to try and save them .... That speaks volumes in and of itself and now we're still not out of the woods here because Murray's ugly contract is still on the books and needs removal that will come at a cost, just like the Mrazek blunder did last year.

There has to be some accountability to management by ownership and Leaf Nation fans simple deserve more competency from Leafs management.

Reactions: Eye Test and JKG33

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
I have a bad feeling winning 1st round after 20 years could be enough to save Dubas and Keefe.

btw can we stop calling Nylander "core 4"? He is neither taking 10mill nor playing like shit, so not sure why are we grouping him with dead weight.
Dubas might have somehow saved himself. maybe... There should be NO WAY Keefe is back. If Keefe is Back than Dubas and Shanny should all be let go on the spot

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
I do. Not tonight though. Gary wants to grow the game in the west so they're going to put a Sunday night playoff game at 10 Eastern.
I like that is at 10 as I finish work then today. It has nothing to with Gary in why it's at 10. They have 2 options for game times since it's out west. Putting it at 3pm up against the NBA isn't an option. ESPN who is carrying the game has MLB at 7. So 10pm was the only option

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I agree and think the big Matt Murray signing mistake should have consequences to management and their longevity.

You brought him in selling everyone that his past Cup experience was going to be a major factor in Leafs playoffs and then you didn't play him a single game. As we discussed all year I for one didn't buy into that nonsense to validate a very poor trade from the start.

However as you pointed out not playing Murray by the coach or demanded by the GM just shows that even with their potential jobs on line they didn't trust Murray was a the answer and turned to a rookie to try and save them .... That speaks volumes in and of itself and now we're still not out of the woods here because Murray's ugly contract is still on the books and needs removal that will come at a cost, just like the Mrazek blunder did last year.

There has to be some accountability to management by ownership and Leaf Nation fans simple deserve more competency from Leafs management.
Was a terrible trade and everyone knew it right away besides the true Dubas boot lickers.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I like that is at 10 as I finish work then today. It has nothing to with Gary in why it's at 10. They have 2 options for game times since it's out west. Putting it at 3pm up against the NBA isn't an option. ESPN who is carrying the game has MLB at 7. So 10pm was the only option
Of course it has everything to do with Gary. The league was being greedy when they were looking for the new TV deal, NBC walked out because it made no sense for them financially. The business forum has had extensive discussion about this matter so I wouldn't go any further on this.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
that logic won't get you any closer to the Cup imo.................
Being Cup competitive is 3 yrs away, maybe two if they get lucky and hit a few trades out of the park.

This season should have been the second year of their window but they blew that chance to hades five yrs ago.

Reactions: rumman

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I do. Not tonight though. Gary wants to grow the game in the west so they're going to put a Sunday night playoff game at 10 Eastern.
I think its because ESPN has sunday night baseball, thats a huge ratings pull for them

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
As much as we get screwed by the refs
Why the f*** can't our top players score a goal when we need it?
Willie did, because he took the puck to the net. Matthews and Marner are p***yes, and Tavares is too slow.

We were the better team, if the officiating was somewhat neutral we win easy. Saying that, I'm done supporting this joke of a league. Loved hanging out with you all in the game threads but I'm done giving this joke of a league my money or attention. Hope they have fun trying to survive without the massive support of the biggest hockey fanbase on the planet. f*** you NHL and f*** you Bettman.. Goodbye!
See you in October!

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Bob had almost 10 goals saved above expected this series. He played completely out of his mind. In a series that was decided by 1 goal in 4/5 games, he was the difference, bar none.
"Above Expected", proving "advanced" stats are junk.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Got ridiculed for predicting all of this but I'm totally depressed I ended up right. I wish I was being called out for being a stupid hater.

I hate how emotionally involved I am with this team. I feel like somebody died today. f*** that. It's time to distance myself. They no longer deserve this level of loyalty.
I was this way after the 2004(?) loss and then the lockout where I said they should rebuild from the Sundin Era. Instead they ran back a stale old team after the lockout (I was called a h8ter then) and the result was as you see it today. My passion went away then.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Where are the boomers who trolled me for using analytics to predict the matthews-marner duo will do nothing against the panthers ? Did they do anything ? We won?

The game has passed most of you by. Enjoy your shit GM if he gets to stay. I won't be watching if Dubas remains.
I'm a Boomer, analytics are junk stats, they failed because they have no heart, and Dubas is a fraud and should have never been hired.

Categorize THIS!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad