Proposal: Leafs-Ducks. Henrique+Lybuskin for ?????

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Lybushkin was not actually very good when he was with the Leafs, and the Leafs didnt think enough of him to pay him, and let him walk.
I doubt he is on their target list, unless the payment is a 4th/5th
Henrique doesnt do much for the Leafs either.
this is insanely bad from the Leafs POV, so, I guess you are a Ducks fan
I am actually a Leafs homer, but I thought they both were playing well this yr

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I am actually a Leafs homer, but I thought they both were playing well this yr
they may be playing well on a super bad team. and Henrique may be a target for some teams, but, the Leafs arent throwing their top C prospect and top D prospect and a 1st and a 2nd at 1 guy who didnt play well when he was here last time, and a 4th line upgrade on Kampf, because if Henrique is our #3C we are worse off than expected.

for the original ask I'd be expecting Mintyukov and Zegras or Fowler and Vatrano

...i.e. you dont trade all your top assets in 1 bundle for a bottom pair defender and a #4C (both UFA's to boot)

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
they may be playing well on a super bad team. and Henrique may be a target for some teams, but, the Leafs arent throwing their top C prospect and top D prospect and a 1st and a 2nd at 1 guy who didnt play well when he was here last time, and a 4th line upgrade on Kampf, because if Henrique is our #3C we are worse off than expected.

for the original ask I'd be expecting Mintyukov and Zegras or Fowler and Vatrano

...i.e. you dont trade all your top assets in 1 bundle for a bottom pair defender and a #4C (both UFA's to boot)
I edited it to a 1st+B prospect and a mid round pick.
I've seen what Henrique can bring when he is playing well, and that versatility would really help, odds are he would play 3c, but could step in on the wing in a pinch.
As for the D we just need a stable guy who makes fwds pay if they dump it in on their side.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Henrique would have the most points on Toronto outside of the big 5. If you think he would be on your 4th line they why are you even commenting? You clearly have no grasp on the players ability.

Also the fact that you think Zegras and Minty together have the same value as Fowler and Vatrano.... Yikes dude... The original offer was bad, and Ducks fans here have said it was overpayment, but your post is exposing you.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I edited it to a 1st+B prospect and a mid round pick.
I've seen what Henrique can bring when he is playing well, and that versatility would really help, odds are he would play 3c, but could step in on the wing in a pinch.
As for the D we just need a stable guy who makes fwds pay if they dump it in on their side.
Lubushkin cannot get the puck out of his zone ...this is the Leafs biggest issue on defense (along with brain fart passes)
Henrique is the better target, but, still, not as big a 'need' and certainly not at a cost higher than a 3rd or a middling prospect. I'd rather other teams overpay for him, even if he has a great playoffs.
This is not the season for the Leafs to do any buying with our current defense.
Leafs need both a top pairing and middle pairing defender, not more bottom slugs.

Reactions: Deadly Dogma

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
What would they cost with retention and without
Does a 1st+Cowan+Niemela+2025 2nd get it done?

oops forgot an H in the title and may have spelled Henrique wrong lol

1st offer looks to be an ovrpayment
so 1st+Niemela+3rd? 1st for Henrique and 3rd+Niemela for Bush.
I don’t think the leafs have any seconds until 2027, Dubas moved them all.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Henrique would have the most points on Toronto outside of the big 5. If you think he would be on your 4th line they why are you even commenting? You clearly have no grasp on the players ability.

Also the fact that you think Zegras and Minty together have the same value as Fowler and Vatrano.... Yikes dude... The original offer was bad, and Ducks fans here have said it was overpayment, but your post is exposing you.
a 34 yr old expiring players ability for a team that has a 'bad' defense is irrelevant.
The Leafs are not a Henrique away from doing exactly the same as they already are.

I'll 'expose' myself ...i thought the original post was horrendous, and made 'like' comparisons.
but, for the record:
I'm not a fan of Zegras, i think he is way overrated as a player, all flash and little substance.
Fowler I like, Vatrano, i dont.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Lubushkin cannot get the puck out of his zone ...this is the Leafs biggest issue on defense (along with brain fart passes)
Henrique is the better target, but, still, not as big a 'need' and certainly not at a cost higher than a 3rd or a middling prospect. I'd rather other teams overpay for him, even if he has a great playoffs.
This is not the season for the Leafs to do any buying with our current defense.
Leafs need both a top pairing and middle pairing defender, not more bottom slugs.
ahh him struggling to get the puck out is a big issue, thank you for the honest take :)

I don’t think the leafs have any seconds until 2027, Dubas moved them all.
Avery said Dion got them all lol

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
I can agree about their current make up, but I disagree about how much of an impact these 2 can have.
You can disagree all you like, I've seen this team WITH Lybushkin/Schenn and O'Reilly, with more depth... this isn't it. The core is rotten, and it's getting sickening to watch these top guys compete for individual titles rather than a stanley cup.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Monohan just got a first and Henrique has similar production.
Monahan returned a 1st because the jets made a desperation move. The only way trading a 1st for him will look good, is if the jets go far in the post season. If they're out in the 1st or 2nd round, it will look bad

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
You can disagree all you like, I've seen this team WITH Lybushkin/Schenn and O'Reilly, with more depth... this isn't it. The core is rotten, and it's getting sickening to watch these top guys compete for individual titles rather than a stanley cup.
Then you guys should be aiming your pitchforks at Shanny by now, not Dubas or Tre. You think the team's direction is going against what Shanny wants?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Given the amount of picks you've made since 2020, and have lots in the chamber for 2024, what do Ducks fans think of a rental + pick for a young player or two, kind of like 1st + Gustafsson for Sandin last year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Given the amount of picks you've made since 2020, and have lots in the chamber for 2024, what do Ducks fans think of a rental + pick for a young player or two, kind of like 1st + Gustafsson for Sandin last year.
what did you have in mind

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
After the roller coaster ride of an off the board pick followed by a monster season so far, trading Cowan would feel like being punched straight in the Leafies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
After the roller coaster ride of an off the board pick followed by a monster season so far, trading Cowan would feel like being punched straight in the Leafies.
I don’t really think cowan would be needed in this scenario.

I think 1st niemela and later mid-late pick is more than enough, no clue why he put cowan in

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
what did you have in mind
Lol in a perfect world ducks management likes Liljegren as much as the caps liked Sandin, with 50% retained Henrique in place of the 1st and either the Bruins 2nd or your highest 3rd in place of Gus.

But rationally I highly doubt Lilly has that value. Maybe interest in Robertson? I don't know. You guys have rentals + picks out the wazoo, we have a pick shortage but a couple of young guys that can contribute on an NHL roster and could have some upside yet, but seem to be blocked/ might not be in the plans. Seems to be a fit it the pro scouts like the players

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lol in a perfect world ducks management likes Liljegren as much as the caps liked Sandin, with 50% retained Henrique in place of the 1st and either the Bruins 2nd or your highest 3rd in place of Gus.

But rationally I highly doubt Lilly has that value. Maybe interest in Robertson? I don't know. You guys have rentals + picks out the wazoo, we have a pick shortage but a couple of young guys that can contribute on an NHL roster and could have some upside yet, but seem to be blocked/ might not be in the plans. Seems to be a fit it the pro scouts like the players
Did liljegren take a step back or something?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The Ducks have no need whatsoever to pay anything for a rental. We're not running a charity here. If you have nothing to offer that is of value to the Ducks don't make the call.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Leafs should NOT trade away young prospects/1st rounders for anything this year. The cupboards are empty, picks are low, and in case anyone forgot, trading 1st's havnt gotten them anywhere either.

They're built all wrong for playoff hockey and a rental or 2 isn't getting them any closer to a cup. Some harder decisions need to be made within this organization soon.
Yes they will and yes it will. You're basically talking about a re-build here. That will likely not happen anytime soon.

Are you really saying that TOR are going to say goodbye to Marner/Tavares, draft, and wait 4 years for prospects to develop? How do you figure that?

This proposal is sound, and will not cost a small fortune to acquire these players.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Did liljegren take a step back or something?
No. Wrt him being available at all- just a hunch with Keefe seeming to constantly waffle on the trust level, + smoke around Tanev

Wrt not having Sandin value- hasnt shown the same offensive potential

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
The Ducks have no need whatsoever to pay anything for a rental. We're not running a charity here. If you have nothing to offer that is of value to the Ducks don't make the call.

I believe the OP was trying to say the Ducks trade a pick plus a rental for young player(s), so think like a Kakko type trade.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I believe the OP was trying to say the Ducks trade a pick plus a rental for young player(s), so think like a Kakko type trade.
It wasn't made very clear when I responded but if he is, he then goes on to offer up Liljegren and Robertson as potential targets for the Ducks. Both being players who have been quite disappointing in Leafland, My response is still the same. They need to offer up something the Ducks need/want not just the stuff that helps the leafs get what they want.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad