Speculation: Leafs draft with the 4th. overall ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlietscherDassel

Dec 3, 2009
As long as we pick one of Hanifin, Strome, Marner and not Crouse i'm happy. You never know. Hunter, Dubas and Shanahan are saying all the right things but we are still talking about the Leafs. I don't trust Leafs management until the rebuild is successfully completed.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
As long as we pick one of Hanifin, Strome, Marner and not Crouse i'm happy. You never know. Hunter, Dubas and Shanahan are saying all the right things but we are still talking about the Leafs. I don't trust Leafs management until the rebuild is successfully completed.

If they can somehow acquire another top-10 pick without surrendering youth, picks, or prospects, I'll definitely have some renewed faith.

This is just an incredible draft 1 through 10.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Strome named Most Sportsmanlike Player

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather take the player voted "Smartest Player in the League" vs "Most Sportsmanlike Player" ;)

Actually opposite... Marner is the better player with way more raw skill. Actually hoping AZ take Stome so we get Marner. Don't want Hanifin at all.

This is what I hope as well, although I don't mind Hanifin at all. I have Marner and Hanifin as neck and neck. Strome is just a step below that.

to me... Marner is better in the offensive zone then Strome..

He is more lethal with his playmaking and more elusive with his skating and hands.

I would also say Marner is a better player in the defensive end as he is more engaged and has a higher work ethic.

If its Marner Vs Strome to me we have to go with Marner...

Marner VS Hanifin is a different story... I would still go with Marner but its close, if Hanifins a righty i might honestly pick him lol.

Marner is better in the offensive zone, better in the defensive zone, and better in the neutral zone. Although, Strome is better in the face off dot so there is that. The line has been drawn in the sand by these two prospects. Some are going for size, some are going for skill. It'll be fun to see which prospect turns out the best.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Drafting Hanifan might be nice since he could start off with the Marlies instead of being on the vomit that will be the Leafs next year.

What? Our team with the new head honcho coach with its new warrior players might easily be a playoff team next year. We are not keeping many of our current losers. We are trading them away and getting new people who want to play for the team and the city and win. With heart. This years leafs... are OVER.

We might do something real big next season. With our new human beings.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
If we did draft Hanifin I would try and sign him right away. Not so much because of the fear of letting him walk but we would instantly have full control over his development and I think he could play in the NHL next season just like Jones and Ekblad.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Hanifin would definitely be above Rielly. Maybe not in his first season, but I won't be surprised if he pushes Rielly down a pairing, or is on the same pairing as him within his first 82 games.

That works to me.
and if next season we get Chychrun that's a 1-3 punch and we can fiddle with the 4th guy. (or we get Logan Brown and life is great).

again, i am happy with anyone that Arizona doesn't pick, because it will more than likely be a homerun for us. speedy center/winger, tall centre, or franchise defenseman. excuse me while I do the dance of joy at the dilemma.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
That works to me.
and if next season we get Chychrun that's a 1-3 punch and we can fiddle with the 4th guy. (or we get Logan Brown and life is great).

again, i am happy with anyone that Arizona doesn't pick, because it will more than likely be a homerun for us. speedy center/winger, tall centre, or franchise defenseman. excuse me while I do the dance of joy at the dilemma.

I agree. Any of these players should be great for us, and along with Nylander and Rielly we have the beginning of a good, young team. Plus likely high picks in the next year or two after.

I also definitely would not consider trading anything of significance to try and move up to #3. If the Leafs consider any deals to move up it should be to move up with the Nashville pick, and even then I would be hesitant to give up too much. The Leafs are at a stage where they need a quantity of picks as well as quality. More picks means more chances at finding talent. Draft picks should be treated like gold, and this should continue even after the team becomes competitive.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What? Our team with the new head honcho coach with its new warrior players might easily be a playoff team next year. We are not keeping many of our current losers. We are trading them away and getting new people who want to play for the team and the city and win. With heart. This years leafs... are OVER.

We might do something real big next season. With our new human beings.
realistically after we trade our main core guys in kessel, phaneuf, bozak, lupal we won't make the playoffs in fact we will mot likely finish bottom 3 in the league.We will get young players and picks. We wont be signing to many free agents maybe one or two players like Winnik. Our team might have rookies who will be great, but that might not happen as nylander, brown, percy, leipsic, marner/strome/hanifin/ etc could all use a year to develop and be kept away from our bad team. We will have panik, bailey, booth maybe and players like this playing up the lineup.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
You picked up on it, I hope :laugh:

For sure.

Devane - Crouse - Biggs
wasnt devane like a 4th round pick or something, he never really busted, he had low expectations to begin with, biggs is a bust but not a big one in the sense that you dont get stars from the 20's picks. Sure you get the occasional ones but mostly they are either ahler's or 3rd/4th line forwards. I hope biggs can become a 4th line forward on the team kind of like a paile, campbell mix.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tyler Johnson is like 5'9" and a center, so Marner can't be a center.

Marner can be our Johnson a good 2nd line center behind Stamkos.

So all we will need now is our Stamkos.

If we took Strome he could be our #1C like Stamkos and then we could groom Nylander to be our Tyler Johnson.

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Wow, Tyler Johnson looked a hell of a lot like Marner there, except Marner is way taller.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This is a crazy thought I had earlier tonight but I was thinking what are the chances Arizona would trade the 3rd pick to Toronto for Phil Kessel? This way the Leafs can get both Strome and Hanifin, although I have my doubts of a trade like that ever happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad