Speculation: Leafs draft with the 4th. overall ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEYGOON

Feb 27, 2002
The Penalty Box
Visit site
This is a crazy thought I had earlier tonight but I was thinking what are the chances Arizona would trade the 3rd pick to Toronto for Phil Kessel? This way the Leafs can get both Strome and Hanifin, although I have my doubts of a trade like that ever happening.

I see zero interest from the Coyotes in doing that...... The NJ and FLA picks seem more likely

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I haven't really seen enough to make the call for myself, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we trade back for one of Barzal or Provorov, and I wouldn't be mad about it either.

J1S

May 12, 2014
"We better take player X over player Y because of something I've convinced myself on, with little to no actual substance".

Let the scouts do their jobs, taking any one of Strome, Marner or Hanifin will all pay dividends but let the guys who have watched them play ALL year make the decisions - and trust them to do so. Some of these arguments are beyond bizarre...

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
"We better take player X over player Y because of something I've convinced myself on, with little to no actual substance".

Let the scouts do their jobs, taking any one of Strome, Marner or Hanifin will all pay dividends but let the guys who have watched them play ALL year make the decisions - and trust them to do so. Some of these arguments are beyond bizarre...

I know that you would trust a scout over a couple people on a board, but it's not out of the realm to question their decision making process based on past results.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

I think that anyone who has seen the players play can form a quality argument. I personally don't care to listen to people who just spout off and only use their rankings based off of consensus lists, it provides nothing to the conversation.

There are a lot of good hockey minds on here and a good amount of people who have seen a lot of these players play.

I know that you would trust a scout over a couple people on a board, but it's not out of the realm to question their decision making process based on past results.

I agree. As fans we should question the scouts decisions and form personal opinions. We all know that drafts aren't perfect and each scout brings their own bias to the table which is why I think everyone brings their own unique position to the table which has its own positives and negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad